Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuerza Bruta

Options

Comments

Hoping to go on Saturday with a few friends. Looks brilliant

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm heading next week, I think. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Any idea/opinions on its suitability for 11 years old? On the website its says not suitable for young children but no age reference and they are selling family tickets?

9st n 09 wrote: »
    Any idea/opinions on its suitability for 11 years old? On the website its says not suitable for young children but no age reference and they are selling family tickets?

Not really sure. Judging by the videos it seems more suited for adults and teenagers. Have a look on YouTube and see what you think. They are selling student/child tickets too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Going during the week too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Going from the the way our building is thrumming, it's going to be quite loud. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I work with a lad from Poznan, he seen something similar back home, he has been raving about this since he seen the adverts, has me curios so gonna check it out too

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

Saw it in New York. Fantastic show, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

To the poster asking about the 11 year old, in terms of content I don't think there was anything particularly not suitable. There are some skantily clad gymnasts and swimmers in it but from what I remember nothing unsuitable that way. The only warning I'd give is that you're standing for the show, so if the kid isn't very tall, it might be hard to see everything that's going on. That said, the show isn't confined to a stage, it's going to be all around you, on the walls, on the ceiling, so that might not even be an issue. There's a bit of moving about and dancing that the audience is involved in, so I think the warning is moreso aimed at the safety of young kids in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'm travelling to see it. Saw it at the Edinburgh Fringe years ago and mind blown! I would say for kids it might be a bit much cos of the strobes and the constant moving round while the performance goes on.
    I am giddy with excitement at seeing it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Went to Friday night's late performance. Excellent show. Visually stunning and the performance was full of energy. All in all, a good night out and full of entertainment.

9st n 09 wrote: »

I'd have no problems bringing along an 11 year old. Saw a few children there last night in and around that age, and they seemed to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

When you are booking T&C says over 12's only and under 16s must be accompanied.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

As it says in the title, a couple of extra shows have been added:

- extra show on thursday 20th mar at 18.30;
    - extra show on friday 21st mar at 23.30.

It comes to an end on saturday 22nd mar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Went on Friday and thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hiya going to 6:30 show tomorrow. For those who have been is it doors open or show starts at 6:30. Thanks : )

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Show started at about 7:00 last Friday. Enjoy

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Show started at about 7:00 last Friday. Enjoy

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I'm going there tonight with the old fellow, my sister and her friend. Don't have a clue what's it about. Sister organised the tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 munkytennis

there's been a midnight show added on Friday night with Le Galaxie playing live after !

there's been a midnight show added on Friday night with Le Galaxie playing live after !

That will be fan. Great show . B better on a night out with beers etc. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Really didnt like it at all,

Pretty much felt like I was at a rave. I have no time for that type of music anyway and thought the pool part just kinda went too long.

Ah just not for me I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Iang87 wrote: »

Pretty much felt like I was at a rave. I have no time for that type of music anyway and thought the pool part just kinda went too long.

These kinda things aren't for everyone but at least you gave it a go. Myself and the mother loved it, dad not so much

I thought the band prior to it were brilliant though so get there early and have a look at that, they may even play after it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I thought the band prior to it were brilliant though so get there early and have a look at that, they may even play after it too

what time did the band start? Going to the 6.30pm show tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

It says there's water involved. Do you end up soaked or is it just a few splashes? Going to Andrew Maxwell after the 6:30 show tomorrow so would be pissed off to be soaked going into that.

I went to the half 8 show and arrived at 8.40 and they were on so I reckon they kicked off at 8.30 because they ended at 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

A few of my family were there during the week and though it was terrible as well. My sisters descriptions of it were hilarious. If I wanted to see someone splashing about in a paddling pool...etc etc. they left early. I had a look at videos on youtube and had a fair idea I wouldnt enjoy it.

Each to their own though I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I went to the one last night 9.30 show and thought it was brilliant! And I got soaked wet at the end :D, thought "ah fook it" and danced ass off in it.

But never mind the show, the organising of the Culture Factory just blew me away! You'd see that at an event in a major city in the world. Was very surprised Limerick pulled this off! And many more events to come.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I fully agree with dellas. Great show, and brilliant organisation from the road signs to the car-parking to the tickets/wrist-bands to crowd management, and the music and lighting afterwards were really impressive too. Hat-tip to Leading Armies. Those guys and their friends are ridiculously talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

An File wrote: »
    I fully agree with dellas. Great show, and brilliant organisation from the road signs to the car-parking to the tickets/wrist-bands to crowd management, and the music and lighting afterwards were really impressive too. Hat-tip to Leading Armies. Those guys and their friends are ridiculously talented.

I echo all those sentiments, it was really flawless, the venue really added to the experience, it really set the tone, from the LSAD exhibits, the music played by the dj before the show, the food/drinks area, really impressive.

Leading Armies were excellent...the sound system was fantastic, really suited them. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezElkgy6uc or https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=senekah%20human%20relations&sm=1 , all Limerick bands all their own material.

I think these guys are playing there tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HQ5D2byR3Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

have heard way more positive than negative reports. some funny reactions though

Advertisement