Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double RFID implantee to be...

• 11-03-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi, wasn't sure whether to post under tech or elsewhere so mods sorry, feel free to move.

I am going for a double RFID implant, one in each hand. A 125khz Read only and a 13.56MHz R/W Mifare 1K compatible. Have the parts on the way and a piercer lined up to do it.

Going to use it for access control (PC, Laptop, smartphone (NFC) Door), possibly in the future hack a car/bike ignition and just for general research/learning. See if I can copy a leap card's code onto one. When a ticket inspector gets on a luas and I ask him to scan my empty hand would be a happy day : )

After a bit of googling, I haven't found anybody in Ireland with this done.

So my main question was, does anybody know of anybody who has this done in Ireland. I've never been first at anything, so it would be nice!!

I don't need advice or anything, been thinking/researching it a long time, had several piercings before, some through cartilage (+ Nipple) so not worried about the pain at all, it just sits under the skin, a little bigger than a grain of rice. If my cat can do it, I can!!

Just wondering if anybody else out there has it done or knows of it being done here before, or if anybody has any questions for me about the process, hardware, software, sourcing bits etc I'd gladly answer...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It'd be time saving for sure

The Baja Beach Club in Barcelona offers people signing up for VIP membership a choice between an RFID chip and a normal card.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn5022-clubbers-choose-chip-implants-to-jump-queues.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

gctest50 wrote: »

You got one? What type? Can you write to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

gctest50 wrote: »

[QUOTE=Link;Throughout the weekend, a total of eight attendees underwent the RFID implantation of the 500 at Toorcamp.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

I know, as I said I've extensively researched this before going ahead with it, so have seen these.

Read nearly every article I could find, I didn't want to end up getting one removed. Or wear Faraday cage chainmail gloves due to privacy concerns.

I think you missed my only question. Does anybody in Ireland have either a single or double implantation.

I would be interested to know what tech they use it with, what format they have. And whether or not I am first!

Because nothing I could find online mentions such, the first link doesn't confirm anybody actually having opted for the procedure. And aside from the 8 people at toor camp neither link points to it being done here/on an Irish person.

The odds of any of those 8 being Irish are quite small.

Thanks though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you may need to get a "Do not MRI" tattoo

• Advertisement

you may need to get a "Do not MRI" tattoo

haha I'm actually due one, luckilly the waiting list is 2 years :rolleyes:

They're nonreactive. I was thinking of getting a RFID or Wireless symbol, but thought about it. Tattoo's age badly on the hands, will still be there if I get the tag removed and is a pretty lame idea...

Plus I work in a stupid conservative sector.

Why don't (all) employers get it that their employees will be better workers if they are comfortably dressed?

If you're not dealing with customers you should be allowed wear pajamas if you choose.

(might get a few lasses out of the spar queues and into the workforce)

Advertisement