Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling cow with calf at foot question

Options
  • 11-03-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Ok l have a pb charolais cow that has just calved down. I'm tagging this evening and sending off for card. Herd test next week. What's the story if I don't have a card back before test?

I want to sell them both asap. What are the implications of all this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Muckit wrote: »
    Ok l have a pb charolais cow that has just calved down. I'm tagging this evening and sending off for card. Herd test next week. What's the story if I don't have a card back before test?

I want to sell them both asap. What are the implications of all this?

The vet will ask for the tag number of the calf . when the card is sent back

he will happily stamp it for you.

If your selling privately you wont have a issue with cards. if your selling at mart

you will have to wait for the Card before you sell .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

As long as the calf has a negative BVD result and the cow is within the 60 day brucellosis test and within the 12month TB test you can sell them before the herd test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I'm not sure if the vet even needs to stamp the cards anymore so it mightnt make much difference if you have a clean card and he has the test regisered with the dept . Im no expert but I think thats the case

Advertisement