Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW MUSIC VIDEO - SEVERE CRITICISM REQUIRED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

First thing I thought was that it didn't seem like it was framed for the superwide look, just that the bars were thrown on after. It doesn't do anything for the video.

The shot of the shoes, and a few others, are really overexposed. That shot is a bit of a problem in a few ways. The shoes, I assume are left behind because she's not dancing in a club anymore? I was squinting at them a bit, which is bad, and I had to try figure out why they were there. You could have had a few shots of them earlier in the video (perhaps instead of the gratuitous crotch shots). Isn't she also wearing black shoes? Is it even the same girl? And actually, that's not a question I should have to ask, it shows the plot needed more clarity, even with something fairly simple.

There are a few bits of slo-mo that should have been shot at a higher frame rate, they look a bit juddery.

The indoor bits need some lighting, the lads rapping aren't being shown off as well as they should be, especially in comparison with the singer, you did a good job with his piano playing shots. Still a bit dark, but nice and moody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

you probably already realise the difficulties between shooting indoors and outdoors!
    were you using a DSLR? if you were, you'll need a neutral density filter for some of the outdoor shots, to bring down the amount of light hitting the sensor, and as has been pointed out, even for a dark shot, you still need some amount of light to lift the subject from the darker background.
    Overall not bad at all, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Yeah sorry, to echo Fionn, it's good work - despite my negative points! Definitely loads of potential for the next video, and good to see some story and not just a singer and the lads rapping.

Advertisement