Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Footy Tipping 2014

Options
  • 11-03-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

If anyone is interested in doing the tipping comp again this year I've set up the comp again.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Boards-ie_2014_Footy_Tipping

All are free to join in :) No prizes, I don't know how we could do prizes with us spread all over the world.

So Its just for fun and bragging rights :D

afl_captains_selfie_600x400.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Cool! I think I'm already in from last year... or do I need to sign up to the new comp?
    Mackman wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in doing the tipping comp again this year I've set up the comp again.

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/Boards-ie_2014_Footy_Tipping

All are free to join in :) No prizes, I don't know how we could do prizes with us spread all over the world.

So Its just for fun and bragging rights :D

afl_captains_selfie_600x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

You can still log in to the website with last years details, and then you need to join the comp in the link above. Its a separate comp to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Just got an email from footytipping.com saying that everyone has been awarded max scores for the first four games due to a mess up where people couldn't log in to the site over the weekend. Great news for me - I only got one right (GC v Richmond). One of the lads at work picked 3 out of 4 correctly and he's p*ssed off ha :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

ah bugger. I couldnt get in there Friday and only logged in now, but still doesnt give me the 4 points! must have had to re register before the weekend to get that! ah well, no harm, I would have only had 2 of 3 anyway.

I just noticed that, I think i would have gotten 2, so not too bad.

• Advertisement

Thursday night game again this week, so don't forget to get the tips in today folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Tipped the Bombers last night, I was far more gutted than I should have been that they didn't get up :o

And for once being a Collingwood fan actually benefits my tipping!

Freo or Bombers???????????? Freo. No, Bombers! No, Freo - AAARGHHHHHH!!! Ok, Bombers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Freo or Bombers???????????? Freo. No, Bombers! No, Freo - AAARGHHHHHH!!! Ok, Bombers...

Freo at home ill back freo!!

Freo at home ill back freo!!

Ok, Freo it is. Freo at home but missing key players. Surely they won't lose two in a row? But Essendon have been amazing so far and won this fixture last year. I can't decide. GWS/Bulldogs and StKilda/Adelaide are also doing my head in this week too :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Ok, Freo it is. Freo at home but missing key players. Surely they won't lose two in a row? But Essendon have been amazing so far and won this fixture last year. I can't decide. GWS/Bulldogs and StKilda/Adelaide are also doing my head in this week too :mad:

One of those weeks alright!
    I went bulldogs but I wouldn't be surprised if they get walked on. Also picked stkilda I think they should get over the line, just! I think freo will spread the ball well at home and the second half will see how fit Essendon are.

One of those weeks alright!
    I went bulldogs but I wouldn't be surprised if they get walked on. Also picked stkilda I think they should get over the line, just! I think freo will spread the ball well at home and the second half will see how fit Essendon are.

I went bulldogs too, they were amazing at times last week. GWS are hard to figure out this year though. I went with St Kilda too but moreso because of how poor Adelaide have been so far.

Feck it, I'm going Bombers. Not changing after this... :o

WCE or Port????? Wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Mackman wrote: »
    WCE or Port????? Wrecking my head!

Depends on how many of WCE's outs from last week come back in. Port are a better side but the Eagles are looking sharper this year and they're at home. Tough one!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

SSK wrote: »
    Depends on how many of WCE's outs from last week come back in. Port are a better side but the Eagles are looking sharper this year and they're at home. Tough one!

yeah would agree with this. Eagles should have beaten Port last year and all, but made a mess of it. Their performance last week was shocking too. Depends on who is fully fit, if they have similar injury list, then Port, but if they get some of their key players back in, I think it will be close.

I'll wait till the teams are announced so. Should be a good game all the same.

I'm going with WCE. I also went with Essendon against Freo last week so that might be an indication to how good I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Trying to fill up a fantasy Dream Team league

Please join if you have a team

LEAGUE SPECKY SHIELD VI
    YOUR LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: P9633YR4

A few close ones this week again

I've changed my mind on Port/Freo a few times already. Sitting on Port atm simply because they're at home. If it was in Freo, I think I'd change it

Demons/Bulldogs is the one I'm really struggling with. Sitting on Melb at the minute but Bulldogs are huge favourites with the bookies which is putting me off a bit. Both teams have won 2 of the last 5, although the Bulldogs are on a run of 3 losses in a row. Thinking Melbourne simply because they might have better momentum from their win in Adelaide last week, plus they got good news yesterday from the Jack Viney appeal.

Advertisement