Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a Sony handycam please.

Options
  • 11-03-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I used the search function.
    I need some help. I have a Sony handycam DCR-DVD110E. I shoot some film on a few 8cm DVD-RW. All but one finalized grand and work no problem.

That one is the most important, typical. It plays on the camcorder but when put into a DVD or a PC it comes up as a blank disk. When I go to finalise option on cam it tells me that the option isn't available.

The only solution I have come up with is to play it through a TV and record it.
    Any other suggestions to recover the data please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think most Sony cameras should have a firewire port. It looks like a mini USB, it might be labeled "HDV/DV" or "IEEE 1394" you can record direct from the camera with a program like windows movie maker. So as long as it plays in the camera you should be able to record it onto your hard drive.

You will need a firewire port on your PC which can be fairly rare as it's mostly used on Macs I think. It looks like you can get a firewire to USB cable for cheap enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

Excellent, thanks a million. My camera has one. I'll give that a shot. I will try and track down a firewire to USB cable.

Advertisement