Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Jeep

Options
  • 11-03-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just looking for advice for a neighbour. His brother in UK is selling a good 7 yr old Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8, automatic gearbox. He's getting it at a very good price but is worried about the auto as he does a lot of trailer work etc. , could have a 2 ton load at times. Has any one on here any experience of towing with automatic, should he run a mile from it ?
    I am deliberately asking this on farming section not motoring as I know you guys have years of ''on the job experience'' and you can't beat that !
    Thanks.

M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I know many keeps have significantly lower towing limits when they are Automatics so that would be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

I would be more concerned about the head gasket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

I have an auto Landcruiser. Pulls a 14ft ifor Williams cattle trailer, and has had 2+ tons on the flat trailer plenty of times. I think it drives nicer than the manual with a trailer on it, but it will be heavier on diesel than a manual with a trailer on it.
    On automatic itself, when you get used to it auto is much nicer to drive than manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭maxxuumman

sheebadog wrote: »
    I would be more concerned about the head gasket.

Is that because it's automactic or because it's a Podjero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

monseiur wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Just looking for advice for a neighbour. His brother in UK is selling a good 7 yr old Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8, automatic gearbox. He's getting it at a very good price but is worried about the auto as he does a lot of trailer work etc. , could have a 2 ton load at times. Has any one on here any experience of towing with automatic, should he run a mile from it ?
    I am deliberately asking this on farming section not motoring as I know you guys have years of ''on the job experience'' and you can't beat that !
    Thanks.

M.
    I thought the 2.8 were decommissioned long before 7 years ago. Pajero's are regarded as troublesome around here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Do you what pajero translates to in Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭monseiur

Do you what pajero translates to in Spanish.

Those who work/manage banks are called bankers..............replace the b with w ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

maxxuumman wrote: »
    Is that because it's automactic or because it's a Podjero.

The 2.8 Pajero were inclined to do the head gasket and the head was awkward to skim.

Advertisement