Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 Unresponsive Screen

Options
  • 11-03-2014 11:34am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've a 6 month old nexus 4.

Over the last couple of days I've had some problems with my screen. Some times it doesn't appear to register touches. I have to press the sleep button and re try. This might take a few attempts to work.

Other times it might register the touches but nothing happen ie type a letter but later may take a few secs to appear or not appear at all.

Its intermittent so doenst happen the whole time.

I'm also getting constant com.google.android.apps.plus has stopped messages.

Any ideas?

I ordered through flubit so might be a mare to return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I've had the exact same issue, starting yesterday, my phone is ~6 months old, I bought it when they were selling the old stock off cheap from google.

I had a screen protector on which I have removed, and it seems to have settled down for now.

Android version: 4.4.2

Are you using a screen protector?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No screen protector. Using 4.4.2 also

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Google are replacing it now. Will it be a 4 or 5 given you can't buy the 4 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It will be a 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

My phone has gone from bad to worse with this issue latly, a finger wide of pixels has stoped working across the centre of the screen. I've turned developer options on and when you slide your finger down vertically you can see the break.

How did you do your return, and they had no problem sending it back to ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement