Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rucksack (made in Ireland?)

Options
  • 11-03-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I'd like to pick your brains if I may. I am in the market for a rucksack. I don't want a huge one but I do want one with a two-compartment main body and four (or more) side pockets. Nearly all the rucksacks I've seen have at most two side pockets. It will be for everyday use and I like the idea of having everything in it's place, hence I am looking for a one that has the compartmented body and the external side pockets. I had one years ago which I think was made in Ireland, I can't remember the brand, it had the word 'Trails' in the name, 'Something-Trails'. Does anyone know this brand? Or do you have a recommendation for a suitable rucksack? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Lowe Alpine used to make gear in Tullamore but that's a while ago. There is/was a company in Waterford I think who made budget gear but their name escapes me :) On the tip of the tongue..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boardsusername

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

That's the one - Sporthouse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boardsusername

I'd recommend the brand. I had one for a good few years, used it daily & it just kept going & going. No big gaudy colours on it either, I bought it 'cause it was a plain brown & liked that it was made in Ireland. Still have it as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mike313

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 paddler1974

BarryD wrote: »
    Lowe Alpine used to make gear in Tullamore but that's a while ago. There is/was a company in Waterford I think who made budget gear but their name escapes me :) On the tip of the tongue..

Well lads just to clarify sporthouse bags were budget price but not budget quality back when lowe alpine were in tullamore they made a cracking large 60/70 litre rucksack just as good as lowe's bag, every school child in the south east uses their bags for school and they are pretty indestructable, stitching needs to be good and strong to handle the bag weights secondary school students are carrying, this is a a nice day bag for hiking
    http://gooutdoorireland.com/store/walking/small-rucksacks/sporthouse-hiker-40-ltr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

+1 for Sporthouse
    Cheap & cheerful, but if you want a bombproof bag that'll take serious abuse they are the way to go.
    On a side note, I had the pleasure of meeting the guy who set Sporthouse up a few times and he's one of the nicest guys I had the pleasure of meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I have a big sporthouse rucksack, (60-70l id guess), have never used for the outdoors, but it has been all over the world with me for the las 10 years and still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I have a big sporthouse rucksack, (60-70l id guess), have never used for the outdoors, but it has been all over the world with me for the las 10 years and still perfect.

Same here, my Sporthouse rucksack is indestructible, superb quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

All 4 siblings in my house got a sport house school bag for 1st year and we never needed another bag for all secondary school. My father is a very shrewd man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dub.

+ 1 for Sporthouse bags. I bought one second hand six years ago for daily use. The thing still looks as good as the day i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liamofT

+1 Bought a Sporthouse rucksack about 15 years ago for college. Still have it. Used daily for work. They are indestructible. I would highly recommend them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

+1 I have a sporthouse daysack bombproof and refuses to die - it must be at least 10years old.

Advertisement