Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT, changing schools during 5th year**

Options
  • 11-03-2014 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, well i have been having some personal issues in school for about a year now. My work is starting to get affected now and its time for action. I have to change schools but can you really during 5th year?? Even in 6th year different schools will be at different stages of the course some will not have covered what I have already covered and vice versa. But i swear I have to leave, really desperately ): help ):

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Hi, well i have been having some personal issues in school for about a year now. My work is starting to get affected now and its time for action. I have to change schools but can you really during 5th year?? Even in 6th year different schools will be at different stages of the course some will not have covered what I have already covered and vice versa. But i swear I have to leave, really desperately ): help ):

Very sorry to hear you're having trouble. Whether the move will potentially be detrimental to your studies depends on what subjects you're doing: a different school may be doing different texts in English, different topics in History, etc. I think the self-motivation required to catch-up or cover material by yourself (with support from your teacher, I would imagine) could prove beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I was faced with this ten years so please know that you will be ok.

I changed schools and while they were willing to accept me into the existing 5th year, when we discussed how behind on work I felt and how overwhelmed I was, myself and the new school decided it would be better if I restarted 5th year the following September.

It was the best decision I ever made. The few months out of school I spent working full time in a crap job and it was depressing, but it really spurred me on. I was a completely different person in my new school and I had a different approach to study, I made amazing friends and did better than I ever thought I would in the leaving.

I don't know what your circumstances are but I am living proof it can be done and you can pull it off. I wish you the best of luck and PM me if you need to talk.

Advertisement