Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good mobile?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My Samsung galaxy S3 is no more, so I am looking out for a good mobile.
    I don't want an iphone, too expensive, plus tied to apple products.
    Would consider another Samsung, but I think that they are very fragile, as I found out!
    My current finances mean that I would be getting a phone on pre-pay, I can't commit to bill pay.
    So any affordable options out there for a good mobile phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

Motorola Moto G

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

For android, the Moto G as suggested above and if you want to give windowsphone a try the Nokia Lumia 625 is worth a look at also.

If you don't have to have a new phone than some good deals are to be had on second hand phones on amazon and Adverts.ie could pick up a used high end phone for the same price of a new mid range phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

moto G... to be had over the counter from Meteor or online. There is a loooong thread discussing merits etc of this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭dinneenp

€149 on prepay with Meteor.
    Bought it for my wife today. she has a Sony Xperia E (I think) and hates it- slow to open anything, can't turn off alarm for ages when it rings etc. She didn't buy expanded memory but I don't think that'd fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

My sister (after much hummin and hawwin I might add) got a Lumia 1320 sim free from Nokia Care Galway today for €350. Would that be too pricey?? I have the 925 so I was steering her that way anyways, she's heading off on travels so needed it sim free. The lad in the shop was saying the 625 would be a great choice but she wanted the super big screen. The 625 was priced about €160 as far as I remember in Carphone and Vodafone so that might be a good bet, Windows 8 on a mobile is great imo,no freezing and any app I ever wanted is in the app store :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement