Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising a charity table quiz

Options
  • 10-03-2014 6:29pm

Hi all. I'm organising a charity table quiz in my dads memory for Milford but I don't know the first thing about doing it. Where in the city would accommodate this? Do I need any special permission? I was told Bobby Byrnes often do these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

No luck? I'll ask around too :)

Na. Although one of the lads in work said he knows someone that does them from time to time. He'll get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭phog

No idea about permission if you're fundraising.

We've used The Glen & Fla's for our social club quizzes.

I've heard that Collins in Dooradoyle is a good venue.

We run a bingo type table quiz.

A table of four, each table get answer sheets laid out in squares with the numbers appearing randomly on the sheet, one number per square, each round has two winners, (3 or 4 corners and a line from left to right) The quiz master first draws a number, then asks the question, the participants fill in the answer in the relevant square. Clear as mud?

This type of quiz is handy for charity events as the prizes ( bottles of wine, vouchers, etc) can be donated. It also keeps each table interested right through to the end as it's a new quiz for each round. To make it interesting you can have 1or 2 rounds with money if you can afford it.

phog wrote: »
    No idea about permission if you're fundraising.

We've used The Glen & Fla's for our social club quizzes.

I've heard that Collins in Dooradoyle is a good venue.

We run a bingo type table quiz.

A table of four, each table get answer sheets laid out in squares with the numbers appearing randomly on the sheet, one number per square, each round has two winners, (3 or 4 corners and a line from left to right) The quiz master first draws a number, then asks the question, the participants fill in the answer in the relevant square. Clear as mud?

This type of quiz is handy for charity events as the prizes ( bottles of wine, vouchers, etc) can be donated. It also keeps each table interested right through to the end as it's a new quiz for each round. To make it interesting you can have 1or 2 rounds with money if you can afford it.

Thanks for that. I like that bingo idea. I never even thought of Collins bar and it's on my doorstep! Probably because I've never seen a quiz on there before. I'll talk to them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23,805 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for that. I like that bingo idea. I never even thought of Collins bar and it's on my doorstep! Probably because I've never seen a quiz on there before. I'll talk to them anyway

If you're doing the bingo quiz I'll try and get our template if you're interested pm me with your email.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    If you're doing the bingo quiz I'll try and get our template if you're interested pm me with your email.

PM sent. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Bobby Byrnes run regular quizs for various charities. I know that they fundraise a lot themselves for Milford too. Might be worth a shout..

Advertisement