Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Me Mad!

Options
  • 10-03-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, I have a new Samsung Galaxy 3 ACE phone.I believe this has the latest Google Maps version in the Apps.My problem is this.How do I access my saved Google maps for offline viewing?I have saved a few maps and this process seemed to work fine when I typed "ok maps" into the address bar for the maps I wanted to save.How do I now access these saved maps?Am I just dumb or what?The last phone I had when you opened Maps there was a menu in the top left to work off.Cant see anything like this at all that directs to the saved maps.
    Any help please?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What do you mean how do you access them ? Do you want to view the maps, or see the area you have saved for offline use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What do you mean how do you access them ? Do you want to view the maps, or see the area you have saved for offline use ?

Hi thanks, I dont know how to view my saved maps that I want to view offline.You have described it as seeing " the area I have saved for offline use" I must be missing something obvious am I?Sorry about this!

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Where is My Places?When I open Maps app there is no Menu in the top left corner the way there used to be.Am I running a different version in my Samsung 3 Ace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Try OSMAND

Offline maps

Ok so that was the old way I showed you. I tried on my phone and could not do it either but I searched and realised that it opens automatically in google maps when you are off line. So go offline and see what area of map you saved.

I just did that there.Offline.Opened up Maps.It opened not on any of my Saved Maps but on the last map I happened to be viewing when I closed the app.
    What do I press to see the list of maps I've saved?If I press the man icon top right I just get the message 'No Network Connection' .Whats the very next thing I do after I open the Maps app??
    This is crazy.Thanks for your help by the way. Whatsgoinon is right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just zoom out, you'll then see the difference in detail of what you have available off line, and what you don't.

ankaragucu wrote: »
    I just did that there.Offline.Opened up Maps.It opened not on any of my Saved Maps but on the last map I happened to be viewing when I closed the app.
    What do I press to see the list of maps I've saved?If I press the man icon top right I just get the message 'No Network Connection' .Whats the very next thing I do after I open the Maps app??
    This is crazy.Thanks for your help by the way. Whatsgoinon is right!

They used to have it the first way I said you click the my maps and then they changed it loads of people giving out. Now it's opened automatically when you are offline and as previous poster said zoom out to see where isn't saved. Stupid way, old way was better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement