Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting 3 & 2 seater couch in very narrow front door??

Options
  • 10-03-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all

I am looking to purchase a 3 & 2 seater couch, however the front door of house is very very narrow (and build into wall, so i cant take down without massive work).

Do you know of any style of couch that has to be assembled inside house and yet is still comfortable and decent quality (which most likely rules out ikea).

Any thoughts?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

I would suggest you speak to a furniture shop like Kian.ie (but there are others) who can custom make a modular sofa in Ireland for you.
    If they agree to do it - ensure that the details (ie must be able to fit through door of specific size) are included on order form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Had the same problem a number of years ago. Got a glazier to call round and take out the large pane of glass from sitting room window. Windows were PVC, so it was easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭melb2ib

Thanks firlodge & CarrickMcJoe

Really appreciate that, was getting the info for my gf...so the ball is her her court now!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Our neighbour had this problem when he put on a porch and moved the front door to the side of the porch. In the end, a new big sofa came thru our front door, out the back via a patio sliding door, over the garden wall and in the back of his!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭melb2ib

thanks cobham
    In the end we are going down the "removing window frame" option.
    frustrating, but the couch should last 7 or more years, so be good while before we have to do it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement