Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recreational Rollerskating

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Borne out of a conversation at the ECC v LKRG afterparthy in Bray last night...

Would people in Dublin be up for a regular recreational skate? Basically, I can't see myself ever skating in a team, but I'd love to develop my skating skills beyond their current afraid-of-falling state.
    I can't see myself ever passing minimums, but I'd like to do the odd non-contact scrimmage and things like that and skate with a bunch of like-minded folks.

There's already a name for a possible recreational league - Rec the Gaff :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

That is an awesome name! Rec the Gaff!
    I am in favour of this in all the ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I may have played a part in that conversation! Any excuse for a skate I say! However finding where...i.e. the footpaths here are ****e and anywhere that would be ok to skate on you're not allowed (i.e. Dun L harbour).

I mean seriously, they go on about the mythical "obesity epidemic" and then we find an activity we love (be it skating/skateboarding/etc) and there are EFF ALL facilities.

Can we start campaigning for more skate friendly areas please? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gamma Rage

I'd SO be up for this.

Also, ever since the rain stopped (on that day we call "Tuesday"), I've been scouting out daycent places to skate outside around Bray. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Would love it too

Advertisement