Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rant about the info on screen on RTE News Now

Options
  • 10-03-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,145 ✭✭✭✭

Might be a bit trivial, but Jez some of the text/information that this channel puts on-screen or on the scrolling ticker really is awful.

Plus it seems to be celebrity-centric.

For example, yesterday I read about some actor leaving Hollyoaks. RTE don't even show Hollyoaks!!

Come on RTE, surely you can find some better information to display?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the most useless low grade crapolla isn't it?

News Now is a terrible "service" bare-bones almost under-estimates how cheap it is.

The text info could be far more useful and in depth but the truth is the best thing RTE could do is just show a feed of something else with a 10 minutes slot for the local news and weather at the top of the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭golfball37

What I find incredible is that they don't have a constant time display on screen. Very shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

noticed it before too. it was about someone from eastenders being pregnant.

i think it's the headlines from the entertainment page on aertel that it's using.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Told me the other day that someone who used to go out with George Clooney got married.

Advertisement