Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9+ weeks & no refund from eflow!

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I've just signed up here because I just wanted to share my somewhat negative experience trying to close my account with eflow. Background: I had been using a tag for the past few years and eflow would promptly deduct money from my a/c by DD when the balance went below €12. However, I phoned them in Dec to cancel my a/c as I was no longer using the M50 (last journey was in Sept '13). I was told I would need to return the tag and any credit on my account would be refunded in 30 days. Due to a mixup in the address they gave me they didn't get the tag until Jan 6 (confirmed by rep). Despite having called several times since (and been given misleading information) I'm still waiting for my refund, over 9 weeks later!

I can't understand this - they can take money in advance to ensure my account is always in credit but yet they need to issue a cheque to refund the money. This process only seems to run sporadically (once a month?) and yet here I am 9 weeks later and I'm still waiting. In fact, it's about 12 weeks since I first got in touch to close the a/c. Nowhere on their terms of service do they tell you that there will be a delay - let alone this long - getting your money back. I'm not an SME, I didn't extend them any credit lines - I was a loyal customer who paid for the service they provided without complaint (incl the monthly fee for the tag) and yet I'm left with a very sour taste in my mouth by this experience simply trying to close my a/c and get my refund. And to add insult to injury, the people I spoke to on the phone were ultimately misleading - initially I was told there was a 30 day turnaround for the cheque (really? In today's day and age??!!) while the last rep told me it was "up to 60 days". In addition I've been told the cheque has scheduled for dispatch the month before last and through whatever delay didn't go out until last month. According to them (from a call late last week) it was sent in the post almost 2 weeks ago. What gives??!!

I'll park my rant there for now - it's been somewhat cathartic :) It might also serve as a warning light to others thinking of going with eflow as their tag provider of choice... If I ever have need for another tag myself I'll be looking elsewhere. Thank you eflow (not!) and good riddance...

Ronan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi

I've just signed up here because I just wanted to share my somewhat negative experience trying to close my account with eflow. Background: I had been using a tag for the past few years and eflow would promptly deduct money from my a/c by DD when the balance went below €12. However, I phoned them in Dec to cancel my a/c as I was no longer using the M50 (last journey was in Sept '13). I was told I would need to return the tag and any credit on my account would be refunded in 30 days. Due to a mixup in the address they gave me they didn't get the tag until Jan 6 (confirmed by rep). Despite having called several times since (and been given misleading information) I'm still waiting for my refund, over 9 weeks later!

I can't understand this - they can take money in advance to ensure my account is always in credit but yet they need to issue a cheque to refund the money. This process only seems to run sporadically (once a month?) and yet here I am 9 weeks later and I'm still waiting. In fact, it's about 12 weeks since I first got in touch to close the a/c. Nowhere on their terms of service do they tell you that there will be a delay - let alone this long - getting your money back. I'm not an SME, I didn't extend them any credit lines - I was a loyal customer who paid for the service they provided without complaint (incl the monthly fee for the tag) and yet I'm left with a very sour taste in my mouth by this experience simply trying to close my a/c and get my refund. And to add insult to injury, the people I spoke to on the phone were ultimately misleading - initially I was told there was a 30 day turnaround for the cheque (really? In today's day and age??!!) while the last rep told me it was "up to 60 days". In addition I've been told the cheque has scheduled for dispatch the month before last and through whatever delay didn't go out until last month. According to them (from a call late last week) it was sent in the post almost 2 weeks ago. What gives??!!

I'll park my rant there for now - it's been somewhat cathartic :) It might also serve as a warning light to others thinking of going with eflow as their tag provider of choice... If I ever have need for another tag myself I'll be looking elsewhere. Thank you eflow (not!) and good riddance...

Ronan

Hi Ronan,

I’m sorry you have had a bad experience with the credit refund process. If you would like me to investigate this issue for you please private message me with your account information:

• Your account number
    • Address
    • Contact telephone
    • And can you confirm you were the account holder.

Kind Regards,
    Maureen
    eFlow Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 3 steamroller

Thanks Maureen - PM sent

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 steamroller

Just to follow up - I received two letters in the post from eFlow this morning, one dated 7/3 confirming my account was closed and that "all outstanding payments and/or refunds had now been completed". The second dated 10/3 (yesterday) confirming the a/c was in the process of being closed but had a positive balance. It also contained a cheque for the outstanding amount. I have to wonder if it was my post yesterday to this forum which initiated the actual issue of the second letter & enclosed cheque so promptly?? Now all that's left for me to do is to make my way to my bank, cash the cheque and wait for it to clear. If I'm lucky the issue should finally be put to rest by the end of the week.

I do want to add one last thing. The people I talked to at eFlow were all very cordial and helpful and each one said they'd look into it when I raised the issue with them. Where I do have a problem though is with the lack of follow-up, the delays, the (presumably honest but) misleading information I received and the fact that a public post to boards.ie seems to have helped resolve the issue. Nowhere is there a mention of a 30 day (or 60 day) turnaround on refunds, not in the terms-of-service or elsewhere I could find. So thanks boards.ie for the platform to air this issue and get it resolved promptly. eFlow - please look at this issue and feed it back into the organization. You lost me as a customer due to a change in my circumstances but you've lost me as a future customer because of this experience. There's no call to treat your customers this way.

Ronan

Advertisement