Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One Issues

Options
  • 10-03-2014 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sent my HTC One away to HTC before Christmas as it would only charge when powered off. It took 7 weeks to get it back but when it was returned, it was working fine.

Yesterday, I was just using it and a rainbow/colour screen came up and put the phone back into lock mode. So you would just be browsing as per usual, the screen would go very colourful like a rainbow wallpaper then it would just go back to lock mode where you'd have to start browsing again.
    This kept happening. Eventually it started putting itself into car mode with the screen zoomed in. Nothing could be done in this mode. I could not pull down the notification bar either. It would not charge unless powered off...again

I wiped the partition cache and it worked ok for a day. It has started doing the rainbow screen again and not charging.

I cannot find anything on the internet regarding the rainbow/colour screen.

I have not done a factory reset yet.

As I have sent it away already, I really don't want to be phoneless for another 7 weeks.

Is there anything that can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The rainbow thing is normal. Its like a charging screen saver. I have it on mine. I will find the setting and post back.

Edit --- Settings > Display > Daydream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Thanks for the reply

Ah I see it now. Ok, that kind of makes sense but I don't think it should be happening while I am mid-browse!
    I will turn it off and see how I go.

Advertisement