Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience

Options
  • 10-03-2014 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello all,

I am a student who is doing a FETAC level 5 cert in PC building and tech support along with the COMPTIA A+ exams. As part of the fetac cert, I am required to do 10 days work placement somewhere in the IT industry.

I plan next year to get a Cisco CCNA+ cert, so I would absolutely love to go somewhere where I would be around networks.

Does anybody know of any places that offer such a placement relevant to my course? I would graciously appreciate any help as the work experience placement is next month.

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I did a similar course with FAS a few years ago and to obtain work experience I simply emailed/called companies explaining what I had covered in my course.

If it's defo networking you're interested in then I would try the ISPs or Datacentres.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DC403l wrote: »
    I am a student who is doing a FETAC level 5 cert in PC building and tech support along with the COMPTIA A+ exams. As part of the fetac cert, I am required to do 10 days work placement somewhere in the IT industry.
    Keep in mind that the first 10 days are usually much training in most companies. Also ensure you let them know that you don't need to get paid for these 10 days, and/or the course covers it. If it doesn't, say you'll do the 10 days for free; it'll make it easier for a company, as it'll cost them less.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

if you are looking for work placement , please say where you are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

horgan_p wrote: »
    if you are looking for work placement , please say where you are ?
    I'm guessing South Dublin.

Advertisement