Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody try video call in Google Hangouts? Video quality is terrible for me.

Options
  • 09-03-2014 10:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38

I tried to do a video call with hangouts today and the video quality was absolutely horrid. Less than potato. And we were both using the same wifi in the same house.

Any idea how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I tried to do a video call with hangouts today and the video quality was absolutely horrid. Less than potato. And we were both using the same wifi in the same house.

Any idea how to fix this?

What phones are you using? I've used video calls on Hangouts with a Nexus 7, S4, HTC One and Mini and they were decent enough, Mini was very grainy in comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Fecked2bits

I'm using a Galaxy s3. Other person is using another high powered phone, it's one of those chinese ones, but it's decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

It won't work right if your on the same WiFi unless it's very fast as you are sharing the speed. I use Hangouts for video daily since I replaced my iPhone and Facetime. I have/had a Moto G, Nexus 5 and 7 and the receiving person has an iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (neither of which have a HD front facing screen). FaceTime was easier to use as everything was in the same thread. Hangouts isn't as polished as FaceTime. Video quality there isn't much of a difference but did find Facetime worked better when I was on 3G.

One thing that's annoying is the other devices keep ringing for 10-20 seconds after you've answered on one device. That goes for FaceTime, Hangouts and Skype.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Fecked2bits

Ok I will try it on separate wifis, or on 3g and report back. Thanks.

Advertisement