Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok- Feet First-Advice-Recommendations based on your experience?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

thebullkf wrote: »
    I would like some recommendations please-Pro's and Cons of each if anyone can help. So...

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/417-itaste-vtr.html VTR - big - clunky though decent kit?
    Heavy. Annoying diameter limitation on which atties will fit it (20mm or less).
    http://www.vapedojo.com/collections/new-new-new/products/cool-fire-2-by-innokin Cool Fire 2 - Looksgood - tidy -smallish-lightish.... any thoughts?
    Limited wattage, limited battery life, would be awful for international travels.
    http://www.vaporalley.com/The-Tesla_p_464.html The Telsa - Looks good - Plenty of features - Never heard of it before ten mins ago though :confused:
    Meant to be okay for performance and build, personally think it looks manky. Dildoriffic. Has an ugly tapered top.
    http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Variable-Voltage-Starter-Kit-with-Tank-p/provaristarter.htm# = Provari = exorbitant price = cannot afford it either but curious to know anyones thoughts?
    The industry standard for APVs. Ugly. Started the tapered-top trend. Extremely accurate.
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Biansi_Imist_2__1100mah_Chrome_with_free_case/p1274299_7137599.aspx Biansi Imist 2 - decent reviews = seems solid - Low resistance appeals to me as i throat hit would be important factor for me.
    Basically an updated version of the one below. Old tech, nowhere near the standards of the mods above it. All of those can fire LR atties.
    http://www.joyetech.com/product/eGoT.php - ??
    The industry standard for the 2nd gen ecigs. Leaky, muted flavours from the abysmal atties but the batteries are still a standard for beginners today - there are updated versions called Twists and Spinners that allow you to vary the voltage.
    I am looking for something i can build on and amend as opposed to replacing my whole kit to keep costs down.
    You'll probably end up replacing whatever you get at some stage. Everyone has this intention, almost none keep to it.
    Steeping - Liquids ? What is this ? Leaving liquid in the device for a while before vaping? Or if using a cotton based soaker (sorry i'm a noob :) ) does this mean leaving it soak in the cotton for a while :confused:
    Steeping is a misnomer, they mean to say either "leave it alone" or "air it out". Some flavours need one, some need the other.
    Cap off in a cupboard that has nothing strongly flavoured inside for a day or two and that'd be that. Some flavours don't need any steeping at all.

Liquids - PG to VG ratio in your ejuice. how does this affect vapour ? i would prefer more vapour .. i think....
    The more VG the more vapour, the less throathit.
    taste may change but looking ofr something i can build on
    Taste is subjective i know but .... Swedish fish - Gum Fu Panda - Ry4 Tobacco ..?
    Swedish Fish is a fave of mine, but it's very sweet. May not appeal to everyone.
    So much choice :(

Finally - Coupons / codes always welcome - if i got the right deal i would prefer to buy locally if possible however the price variance online has me wondering whats legit, and what isnt. So if any vendors are reading this - feel free to make me an all in offer :)
    The price variances may be because you're flicking between Irish and American sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I can vouch for the Tesla VW, have been using it for over 2 months and it's excellent, only thing I would recommend is buying better quality batteries than the ones it comes with, I bought some 3400 mah Panasonic ones for 11 euros each and am just using the original ones as emergency back up.
    Using it with an Aspire Nautilus clearomizer for the last couple of weeks and it is a very nice set up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

grindle wrote: »
    The price variances may be because you're flicking between Irish and American sites?

thanks very much ! :)

looking at the grenade one more and more... VV and small ish

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I can vouch for the Tesla VW, have been using it for over 2 months and it's excellent, only thing I would recommend is buying better quality batteries than the ones it comes with, I bought some 3400 mah Panasonic ones for 11 euros each and am just using the original ones as emergency back up.
    Using it with an Aspire Nautilus clearomizer for the last couple of weeks and it is a very nice set up

where did you buy it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

thanks very much ! :)

looking at the grenade one more and more... VV and small ish

I think the grenade is fixed at 8.5watts.

• Advertisement

Nah, it goes to 12.5w but once the voltage drops so does the performance - not ideal.

That itaste V3 everybody seems to like might be a good for OP.
    Maybe the MVP?
    Or the Zmax V5?

thebulkf, you do know if you buy that grenade you'll be dropped to the ground at airport security? Or I hope so anyway, if security calmly ask you what your grenade replica does I'll be gravely disappointed with their grenade-shape recognition skills!

or maybe a lavatube :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

where did you buy it ?

got mine on ezsmoke.ie they have it on sale again for 69 euro again, well worth the money in my opinion.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/tesla-p-387.html

And then a couple of these batteries, the ones it came with seem to sort of go low and be inconsistent in holding a good charge where the below ones most days will give a full day of fairly heavy use.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/eVic_Panasonic_3400mah_Battery_in_Stock!/p1274299_9394195.aspx

Still haven't decided.... :(

Trying to offset cost, size, looks, compatibility, future proofing etc... Ideally I would something no bigger than a pen , but trying to get decent battery, good tank re Pyrex, VV, VW,, leak proof is proving a pain unless I cannibalise other mods .. Anyone gave a link to anything similar to what I described?

Going into bricks and mortar shops tomorrow, already been in one place that wanted 80 for 2 basic pieces with all in one heads.. Plastic tanks... Steep or what??

Trying to offset cost, size, looks, compatibility, future proofing etc... Ideally I would something no bigger than a pen , but trying to get decent battery, good tank re Pyrex, VV, VW,, leak proof is proving a pain unless I cannibalise other mods .. Anyone gave a link to anything similar to what I described?

"Dear everyone, I want the perfect device."

Hahahhahahaha.

We'd all be using it if it existed!

The MVP seems to be the device of the moment and it is much smaller than people think it looks in pics.
    Leak proof doesn't truly exist but a well set up Kayfun or dripper with airflow control will minimise it to the point of seeming nonexistence.

Truly futurproofing would be a good mech with a kick, nice IMR batteries and a fast charger, but because we don't know where you'll want to be in a few months it's hard to tell.

• Advertisement

:D i know .... i'm terrible ! thanks v much for the help- love this forum... gonna pop into B& M shops today and try some out √

Will update with my findings :)
    grindle wrote: »
    "Dear everyone, I want the perfect device."

Hahahhahahaha.

We'd all be using it if it existed!

The MVP seems to be the device of the moment and it is much smaller than people think it looks in pics.
    Leak proof doesn't truly exist but a well set up Kayfun or dripper with airflow control will minimise it to the point of seeming nonexistence.

Truly futurproofing would be a good mech with a kick, nice IMR batteries and a fast charger, but because we don't know where you'll want to be in a few months it's hard to tell.

Ok = just a quick update.

I purposely left it a week before updating this status as i wanted to give a thorough assessment.

I have on order an SVD. I bought an ESmart by Kanger Kit 808 thread :o off steve in purplebox in temple bar- gentleman who answered all my questions and gave me some good advice. So vaping away when i saw JH_Raheny wasselling his iTaste 134...... So i bought that:eek:

First off - the Kanger esmart - tidy pen like device. Perfect for bringing out in public and in the bar. I brought it to see Derren Brown last week in the Grand Canal Theatre, awesome folks had no probs with me vaping inside-
    Decent throat hit- surprisingly a lot of vapour for such a small device,and i get a full days vaping from one battery ( a work day that is) there are 2 devices in the kit so a spare is provided. I would recommend this to a starter for sure

Itaste = Completely different device. Huuuuge compared to the esmart. but ergonomically nice, great Tank on it. Great Vapour, great throat hit. Juices definitely change in taste to using it in the esmart >Wattage etc i believeis to blame.

Expensive to buy and it doesnt come with even a battery which imo is pretty ****ty considering the price. however it is an awesome device and i would also recommend this device. I would pay the asking price, having used it, albeit only a short while.

I have stuff on order so will update accordingly but so far the juices i have used include:

Hangsten Tobacco - ok with a few pints otherwise not too keen
    Vaporiz - Cappucino - Absoolutely disgusting - not my cup of tea ;)
    Wicked - Frost - Spearmint type - not bad in small doses- good for palate cleansing between vapes i suppose?
    Nicofresh - Apple - bit sweet- bit sour at the same time - not too keen on it if i'm honest
    Wicked - Black Cherry - Awesome flavour - really liked this until.....
    Alternative Smoking Black Cherry - Absolutely love this, so different t the other cherry- tastes different in the itaste also.
    and my favourite so far...

Enjoy SVAP Absinthe and Pear - Reminds me of Black Jacks - and Pear Drops and .... i just find it delish.

I bought the last two in the shop in Marys Mall ( its right down the back , past all the *ahem* masseuse's

I aso have some other juices on order so will update accordingly.

Thanks to this forum i am now 1 week off the fags. Feeling only slightly better, and not coughing up great balls of phlegm like some others are who gave them up , maybe its ecause i smoked rolling tobacco:confused:

either way, my sense of smell, taste and breathing have all improved so thanks to you all and happy vaping. i hope this post helps someone somewhat if deciding whether or not to vape, i would say YES - go for it.

Others i have on order include :
    from Larson Tillbrook

1 Cool Cuban 5ml Tester
    Nicotine Strength: 18 mg

1 Fluffy Lemon 5ml Tester
    Nicotine Strength: 18 mg

1 Anise 30ml
    Nicotine Strength: 10 mg

1 Cola Fizz 30ml
    Nicotine Strength: 8 mg

1 Madagascar Vanilla 30ml

1 The Moors 10ml

and again from Liberty flights :

Original E Liquid 10ML - Peeper Soda - VG - 10ML - Zero - 0% (0MG)
    XO E Liquid XO - Caramel Apple Pie - VG - 10ML - 1.2% (12MG)
    XO E Liquid XO - Raspberry Coconut Ice - PG - 10ML - 0.6% (6MG)
    XO E Liquid XO - Cigar Liberté - VG - 10ML - 0.8% (8MG)

...not coughing up great balls of phlegm like some others are who gave them up , maybe its ecause i smoked rolling tobacco:confused:

This can happen months after quitting. I think it was a month or six weeks or something for me, but a friend didn't have it happen for 4 months. Some people say it's never happened. Now that confuses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

I am using the Innokin 134 and the vtr .and find them really great to use with the iclear30, and the iclear30s.Also I find the vivi nova on a Ego 1100ma.battery.excellent.

Advertisement