Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre modem HG658c

Options
  • 09-03-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All

I currently have a Vodafone HG658c VDSL modem for fibre. I am looking to use features on the modem which have been locked or hidden as Vodafone do not support them such as Voice and SIP etc.

Using the method which is explained on this link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85803697 I have managed to see the hidden menus but this allows me so far after which I am logged out of the modem.

As I believe its written into the firmware to not allow these features be changed I would like to ask if anyone knows of where I could get generic firmware for the router. contacted huawei who will not give me the firmware, can not find it online. Maybe there is a way to extract and change values on the firmware or if someone knows where it could be obtained.

appreciate any support with this

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Hi,

I also used this method to setup my SIP Blueface account ... working fine
    As far as I know , VF don't provide any alternative firmware for the device , nor do Huewei

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eamon121

did you have access to all the menus that are available even under the advanced settings to setup the sip?

eamon121 wrote: »
    did you have access to all the menus that are available even under the advanced settings to setup the sip?

I'll have to do it again and send you the info ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eamon121

great would be a big help. i can access settings under basic but not the voice settings under advanced by using this method, thanks again

Ok [ hopefully this will make sense ... if not let me know ]

I used the method described in bridging change it to

Try to find Admin_1_4 : style should be set to None , so change it to

style="background-color: rgb(239, 239, 239);"

<tr id="Admin_1_4" class="trMenuItem" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" background-color:=""><td><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="20"> </td><td width="20"> </td><td nowrap="" class="MenuTD_Lvl_2"> <a hidefocus="hidefocus" href="#" class="MenuLink_Lvl_2" id="link_Admin_1_4" onmouseover="mouseOverLink(this.id);" onmouseout="mouseOutLink(this.id);" onclick="clickMenuLink(this.id);" style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-weight: normal;">Voice</a></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr>r>

I did that for all the Admin entries with style - none and then I had additional menus appear , including the SIP account and Server menus

• Advertisement
Advertisement