Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarily high mock results - have I peaked too early?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Help, not judgement needed please. I did extremely well in my mocks, with 3 A1s and 3 A2s in my 6 honours subjects. I'm not looking to improve any of my marks, just hold onto them, if I can. Can anyone give me any advice on how to structure my study time from here? I'm stressing out that I've peaked too early because I pushed myself so hard for the mocks, and you never hear about anyone going down results-wise in the real thing.

For the record, here are my subjects and results:
    English (A1) - my best subject, just hoping that the questions will be nice on the day!
    Irish (A2)
    French (A1)
    Biology (A2)
    History (A1)
    Accounting (A2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Congrats on great results. Just keep the head down between now and June, but try not to burn out .Remember that mocks aren't always marked as well as the real things are so grades can fluctuate a good bit! I got an a2 in my English mock but a b3 in the real deal ( got 545 in the mocks, 580 in the lc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

I remember I allowed myself to stress when I got mostly As in Junior Cert. mocks but by the time Easter holidays come everyone will have forgotten mock results anyway. Just keep working consistently and you'll be fine.

Most importantly, remember you haven't peaked too early. You were simply prepared for your mocks and will be equally prepared come the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

haro124 wrote: »
    Congrats on great results. Just keep the head down between now and June, but try not to burn out .Remember that mocks aren't always marked as well as the real things are so grades can fluctuate a good bit! I got an a2 in my English mock but a b3 in the real deal ( got 545 in the mocks, 580 in the lc).

Thanks - the results have been returned but I haven't gotten a report yet, and the teachers have given me very little indication as to what I should be focusing on. Since midterm finished I've felt a bit all over the place and don't know how I should be spending my time in terms of revision. I know in our school our own teachers mark the papers, but I'm not sure whether they were tough enough on me.
    Congratulations on doing so well! I think the reason I'm so nervous is that I only ever talked about breaking the 500 barrier - I never thought I was capable of doing so well, and now I have to go through the whole process again with the possibility of screwing up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I would think "peaking" isnt suitable to describe what youve done, OP. Thats,more a term applied to a heavily physical line like a sports career. Simply put, You have decent intelligence, put in decent work and effort and got results that matched, well done:)

Rest assured nothing will change if you dont either. There is of course a difference in how the real tests are marked but only students who slack off end up with less. Stay the current course (ie, don't slack off or overload yourself on a misplaced notion that you'll struggle or fail to perform as well) and you will get what you got in your mocks. Best of luck:)

Advertisement