Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year tips please!

Options
  • 09-03-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

Right then, so i'm doing maths, eng, irish, german, chem, biology, business, agscience, higher everything. I'm just wondering does anyone have any tips for me on how to keep ahead, hold good grades and how to do well in the summer exams? I'm A/B in all subjects at the moment. And I'm looking for around the 600 to be honest for the course I'm looking for. Is there anything at all I could be doing in 5th year to lighten the work load next year? :)

Any german extra work/oral i could be doing? Are there any good sites on the internet that would be good for building vocab and nice phrases? :)

Any tips for the ag science project would be much appreciated! I'm going to try and have the project finished by 6th year. I'm doing dairy, barley, wheat, oats and grassland.

I think chemistry is getting tough. I find the maths of it a bit confusing :( are there any revision books ye could recommend?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I would just focus on keeping on top of your homework and doing a few exam questions from different subjects each night. That will set a good foundation especially in a subject like business where answer layout is key and the same kind of thing comes up often.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lyno9235

Hi Classygirl.
    As an Irish teacher my advice is that you really try and work on your oral. A very useful book to get is 'Scrúdú Cainte Ardteiste-Líofacht sa Ghaeilge - Lámhleabhar an Dalta, written by Dónal Ó Murchú. It is very inexpensive and has great notes on a range of topics which they also update and email onto you.
    Also, try and watch Tg4 player as often as you can. Pick programs that interest you. Try not to rely too much on subtitles.
    Beo.ie is also a great site for helping you with reading comprehensions and essays. Just make sure you click on the 'díreach sa téacs' box...it will make things a lot easier for you!
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

Hi, where can I get the Irish Oral book? The main bookshops don't seem to stock it. Thanks.

Advertisement