Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Learner Permit

Options
  • 09-03-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I previously had a first and second provisional licence, but never took my test.
    These have now expired (and are possibly lost) and I was wondering do I have to resit the theory test before I can apply for a learner permit?

I read somewhere that I have to apply for the full licence test before I can get my third provisional licence, but I think that information might be out of date.
    I can't apply for my full test anyway on the RSA.ie website without my Driver number, which I don't think I have anywhere.

Can someone advise on what my next step should be to get my full licence?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If your last learner permit has been expired for five years or more, you have to start all over again from the very beginning....do the theory test, get an eye exam, get a learner permit & do the 12 mandatory EDT lessons, before you can sit your test to get your full license.

If it has been expired for less than five years & you had your first learner permit before April 2011, you won't have to do any of that. You just need to apply for the test to get your third learner permit. Ring up the NDLS center in your city/county. They will be able to give you your driver number, if you give them your name, address, date of birth & PPS number.

Advertisement