Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen and recovered iPhone 5

Options
  • 09-03-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Quick question. I had an iPhone stolen a few months ago and I reported it to the guards (it's on eMobile) and then the insurance company replaced it but I'd a hefty excess.

I got a call from the guards Wednesday to say they recovered my mobile from a house and have returned it now but when I reported it I had it blacklisted. Is there any way I can I unblacklist it and sell it on to recoup some of my money. It's all scratched but looks fine otherwise when I charged it

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

teflon wrote: »
    Quick question. I had an iPhone stolen a few months ago and I reported it to the guards (it's on eMobile) and then the insurance company replaced it but I'd a hefty excess.

I got a call from the guards Wednesday to say they recovered my mobile from a house and have returned it now but when I reported it I had it blacklisted. Is there any way I can I unblacklist it and sell it on to recoup some of my money. It's all scratched but looks fine otherwise when I charged it

Cheers

Its the property of the insurance company since they paid out. They are the only ones that can lift the blacklist.

Advertisement