Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mf 135 problems

Options
  • 08-03-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    i have a MF 135 and the is a blow in the engine. Im wondering what the problem is..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

How much of a blow?

Cause would be worn piston rings assuming the head gasket is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fred_135

Its throwing the oil out of the dipstick when idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Mine too.

tractor starting going and pulling well though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

check crankcase breather???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Fred_135 wrote: »
    Its throwing the oil out of the dipstick when idle.

Sounds like oil getting up around the pistons. Worn liners or rings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

My 135 had this problem last year - as Reggie said there, it was rings needed replacing...
    Can't remember the exact cost but was around 800 euro mark I think...

My 135 had this problem last year - as Reggie said there, it was rings needed replacing...
    Can't remember the exact cost but was around 800 euro mark I think...

Well since the engine is open its better to get a lot of other things done as well. Gasket and that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well since the engine is open its better to get a lot of other things done as well. Gasket and that

I think that was replaced, and maybe the head skimmed (does this sound right?)

I think that was replaced, and maybe the head skimmed (does this sound right?)

That's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

The amount of these 'small tractors' on done deal blowing oil is unreal.....and rather than tell you they'd let you travel the length of the country to view and then you get the 'first I knew of it' ...

Done deal is a meca for con artists ....buyer beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

This is the trouble with donedeal. You spot a tractor 60 miles away. Only mechanics you know to check it out are local, so what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

If its one of these simple tractors get a mechanic to show you how to check for the main wear and tare items around an actual tractor.....pay him for his time let him know when you are going to see something and to expect a phone call?..... a lot of it is just visual checks.

start it, drive it, check brakes (before ya need them), check for steering wear, tyres, lift something with lift, bring it to operating temp, check for any leaks......does it look minded or abused? oh ya check for oil blow & bubbles or boiling......but expect to have some wear repairs on a 30 year old tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

.......but expect to have some wear repairs on a 30 year old tractor

More like 40 year old! Ours has the straight axle and manufactured '73 registered '74. They really were and still are great little 'red giants'!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Masseymad

unreal yokes when they have a nice cab and bonnet

Advertisement