Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to properly use an EGO twist?

Options
  • 08-03-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I bought my first little upgrade today, and ego twist :) I've been messing around with the settings starting low and gradually getting higher and as I do so I seem to be losing the flavour? I know it burns hotter but it bought that would increase the taste? Gets a great hit though!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Hey folks, I bought my first little upgrade today, and ego twist :) I've been messing around with the settings starting low and gradually getting higher and as I do so I seem to be losing the flavour? I know it burns hotter but it bought that would increase the taste? Gets a great hit though!!

Too hot and you get a burnt taste. With a normal clearo you want to be around 3.8 to 4 volts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm using it at about 3.7 at the moment and it's just about right! If you wanted it hotter would you have to get a specific tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm using it at about 3.7 at the moment and it's just about right! If you wanted it hotter would you have to get a specific tank?

Sounds like your clearo is a single-coil ~ 1.8ohm? These don't cope well with heat.
    Aspires can be bumped up a bit more, and rebuildables can be bumped up a lot if using thicker wire and cotton or mesh as a wick.

Okay I'm still fairly new to all this so didn't really understand much of that, but thanks for trying :P I'm just using one of the cheap little clearomisers that they sell in the place where I buy my stuff! What's all the other stuff mean? I've been vaping 17 weeks and am still trying to get my head around everything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Okay I'm still fairly new to all this so didn't really understand much of that, but thanks for trying :P I'm just using one of the cheap little clearomisers that they sell in the place where I buy my stuff! What's all the other stuff mean? I've been vaping 17 weeks and am still trying to get my head around everything :P

Well... Atomisers are basically a wick surrounded with a resistant wire.
    How much of that wire or how thick the wire is decides the resistance, low or high.
    Lower resistances don't need as much voltage to hit a certain power (aka wattage). Higher resistances do.
    Those cheap clearos are usually fairly middling-to-high resistance, around 2.4ohm. That'd usually mean you can push the voltage higher to reach the normal range for a clearomiser (6-8watts).
    Taste depends on a lot of other things, like what juice you're using, the thickness of the juice, the wicking, the heat, the airflow (or lack of it).

Chances are that the shop-bought clearo is a cheap throwaway that costs more than a quality clearo online (one local shop in Cork sells really crap clearos for twice the price of the good stuff online).

Evods, Protank Minis and Aspires are well-liked and you can buy replacement coils for them so you're not wasting a tank or anything.

Rebuildables you shouldn't worry about unless you have the tendency to fiddle with things and/or want your vape to leap from "mmm, satisfactory" to "holy fuck dat shieet's gooooooood".

• Advertisement

I tried messing around this evening, used my evod tank with a different liquid and thing I've reached that "holy **** dat shieet's gooooooood" stage :P The difference is unreal!! I was using Wicked spearment flavour, think it's called frost? up to now, but I just used smoke free Ireland menthol... nom!! I think I shall do some tinkering around to see what suits it best :) Thanks!!

Advertisement