Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Authorisation for Eye test on medical card

Options
  • 07-03-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hello I received a form from specsavers saying I need to fill out this authorisation form so I can get a free eyetest on my medical card. I just filled the form out and it has been stamped by the Specsavers shop and at the bottom they stamped an address for H.S.E South , Ophthalmic Dept., Coolnagarrane, Skibbereen, Co.Cork. All I really want to know is where to send to form? It says to send it to my local health office but I have no idea where that is .. The lady I was talking to from Specsavers said to send it to the health office in skibbereen so do I just send it to the adress stamped on my form?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yes, that is where you send it to. Though I'm surprised specsavers didn't offer to send it for you.
    It'll take about a week to come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Did specsavers send you the form in the post with your recall letter. If you didn't request the form then that is canvassing which in against the rules of the HSE optical benefit contract.

The proper procedure is to recall you and then for you to visit them or request they send you a HSE form.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

I had asked for an appointment and they called me to schedule it. They asked if I had the HSE's consent to get a free eye test on my medical card and I said no and then said if want one I will have to fill out the Authorization form , So they took my address and sent it out

Advertisement