Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Tickets?! Advice needed

Options
  • 07-03-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Tickets for our debs go on sale very soon. I don't know who I'm bringing at all and I think I'd probalby bring someone from outside school(if I met anyone!) But they're 50 euro each and I can only afford one! Anyone,what I'd like to ask is do tickets matter really? For example,I presume they are shown at the hotel. If I brought a date from outside school and I had a ticket and they didn't,would we still be allowed in? :/ It's just this is what I would probably end up doing as the debs isn't until July and there's no way I can pay 100 euro! :/(properly stressed out when I should be concentrating on the leaving, lol :p ) Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Of course tickets matter - they cover the hire of the hotel, the bar, the meal.
    Just go on your own. There's no rule says you have to bring someone.
    Is this really an LC issue, or would it be better elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just find out from the debs committee when they need final numbers for the hotel/venue. Of course you can't get someone in without a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I know that you need tickets of course.. What I meant is I can only afford to buy one (just barely!)and then if I meet someone who I'd like to take they won't be able to get in :/ I know there's quite a few choosing not to go to the debs in our year so I am no sure what the committee will do with the left over tickets. I'm not sure if this thread is in the right place?? Perhaps personal issues would be better? Whatever the mods think

• Administrators Posts: 13,865 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    If I brought a date from outside school and I had a ticket and they didn't,would we still be allowed in?

If 2 people turned up to a concert with 1 ticket, would both still be allowed in?

If you can only afford 1 ticket, you buy 1 ticket. The ticket is just a token to show that you have paid. Buying it is paying for your meal and the DJ. Spare tickets will be thrown away/recycled. The committee will give the hotel final numbers a week or so before the debs depending on how many tickets they have sold. That will let the hotel know how many places to set up for dinner, and how many meals to prepare. Why not buy 1 ticket now, and then if you meet someone buy another ticket closer to the time?

Buying 1 ticket and planning to bring someone else, is effectively walking into a hotel, having a meal, and walking out without paying. What did you think the tickets were for?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I think what he means is will he be able to buy another ticket for his date if he later decides to bring someone. Right OP?

Just ask whoever is organizing it. I'm sure its common enough for people to wait until closer to the event before buying a second ticket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement