Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching hand lance to old Hardi sprayer

Options
  • 07-03-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all
    Just doing a few repairs to my old Hardi 44 gallon sprayer was wondering if I could attach a hand lance to the agitator hose plug on top of pressure control unit or will I have to whip off one feed to the booms and use that? All advice welcome if you have any experience of this sprayer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭visatorro

just tee it into one of the hoses going to the boom and put a tap on it so you can still spray with the booms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I have an old hardi I connect a garden hose with lance to the output to the three boom taps if you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dinjoe

Thanks Dharn just a quick query how do you avoid excessive pressure when lance is turned off presumably you use very low revs?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

I have a hand lance on my hardi. It is connected at the pressure control unit. the only way to avoid pressure build up which will happen if the lance is not spraying is to flick the sprayer back into agitation or turn off the pto im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I lower the output with the adjuster on the control unit but then my pump needs a lot of revs to build up pressure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Dinjoe

Hi BalingMad do you use the free connection point with cap on top of the pressure control unit or do you disconnect feed to booms just after having seals in unit repaired don't want to damage it before I start. Thanks

i use the free connection point. You wont damage the put as long as you keep an eye on the pressure and use little or no revs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Hi Lads

what kind of lance and hose did ye use? Is it a DIY job or did ue buy one that just fitted straight on? This something I wouldn't mind adding to my 44gallon hardi either. Be handy for spot spraying, along hedges, fences etc

Muckit wrote: »
    Hi Lads

what kind of lance and hose did ye use? Is it a DIY job or did ue buy one that just fitted straight on? This something I wouldn't mind adding to my 44gallon hardi either. Be handy for spot spraying, along hedges, fences etc

Bought the lance made to fit it from hardi. There's nothing too them. Correct fitting, hose n an old lance off power hose would pass

Advertisement