Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intuition?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

The other day I got this really overwhelming feeling that something was going to upset a person that I don't get on with at all anymore (and never make contact with unless absolutely necessary), I couldn't shake the feeling all day, it was really strong and this isn't something I ever really experience so despite myself I texted asking was he ok.
    He said he was and wondered what was wrong, I explained (a bit mortified) that my intuition was clearly fcuked and not to mind me basically. But the next day a family member of his died :(

I can't actually explain how absolutely sure I was that someone belonging to him was going to die, as horribly morbid as that is.

I'm generally over believing there's anything "else" and a lovely sense of peace comes with my new found cynicism, so I wonder what all this was about? Just a coincidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Yeah, just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

PlainP wrote: »
    Yeah, just a coincidence.

Really weird though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bit more of a coincidence if you dont actually speak with the chap on a regular basis.

I wouldnt go so far as to say it was a psychic reaction to a future event, but i have heard word of mouth stories very similar to that one before, and rather frequently when someone dies or has an accident. Even with pets.

Maybe something like that could help to rebridge a fracture in the relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I get things like this happen too OP, but more frequent. I dont know what you'd call it. More interestingly, something interested happened last weekend.

This time last year, I was out for a colleagues going away party. At the party was a fella I vaguely knew from work. More so general chit chat. And I was doing the general chit chat thing, when from nowhere comes this feeling to ask him something. So, I asked "are you engaged?" (bear in mind I felt Id to say this to him-I didnt really know him-we'd be strangers to eachother) he said "umm no!" and I was like (feeling pretty strong at this stage) "you are!". Him "umm no". And I actually started to get a little annoyed, knowing I was (inexplicably) right. But not really knowing anything about him either.

Anyways, cut to a year later, last weekend chat with this guy again and he said to me "Can I tell you, you pretty much freaked me out last year when you asked me if I was engaged. I had only decided the day before to ask my gf to marry me (at the time I didnt even know he'd a gf/didnt know anything bout him). I always wondered how you knew....you were so insistant".

hehehe :)

Another short story from last week also. I walked into work one morning last week, when I got a feeling to ask a colleague "how X was doing". X was a friend of hers off travelling for a few months. Come lunch time, she was beyond excited to tell me that she'd just received a post card from X that lunchtime. Even more, it turns out X actually arrived back into the country the exact morning and time I asked how they were. :-) (hand on heart Id no idea when they were thinking of returning).

Am a total taurus though also. am patient/kind, but can be very stubborn if I feel am right - like the engagement story above. But its not concrete either as its not reality...not sure if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement