Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte news 6th march

Options
  • 07-03-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

I am not saying i do not want to hear about world news,but a full half hour on the russia /ukraine story is a bit much. Who in rte decides what to put out and for how long. Our government must be delighted that they are out of the limelight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

horse7 wrote: »
    I am not saying i do not want to hear about world news,but a full half hour on the russia /ukraine story is a bit much. Who in rte decides what to put out and for how long. Our government must be delighted that they are out of the limelight.

You're right ...unimportant - if it develops into anything we'll call it an Emergency and hide in the loo while the big people do their stuff.
    We'll fight to the last pint to keep the Angelus ringing. Besides..bono sorted it all out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

How does bono get away with it, does not even pay his tax here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

horse7 wrote: »
    Who in rte decides what to put out and for how long.

Watch the credits at the end of the news. The news editor is the person who decides what goes where in the bulletin. They answer to the head of news.

It's quite easy to see how they'd run a lot on the crisis in Ukraine. If it blows up it could turn into a complete clusterf*ck that will affect us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE have sent a man out there so of course they will go big on Ukraine and its also the biggest thing happening right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

Go big is an understatement,they filled the whole news with the same item(bar an assault charge).

• Advertisement
Advertisement