Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Fine

Options
  • 07-03-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,
    Just looking for some advice on a fine I received on the Heuston-Cork line last night. On February 27th I purchased a monthly return ticket at the desk in Heuston. However I still had a return journey left on another ticket which I had overlooked, so instead of using the newly purchased ticket I used the return journey left in the old one. Last night going through Heuston I then used the ticket purchased a week ago, and when I showed that ticket to the inspector he claimed that because I was using the outward journey a week later that I should receive a fine. I looked through the bye-laws and couldn't find anything along the lines of what he said. Anyone ever have a similar experience or could anyone inform me if I broke some CIE law?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Colin2me

Thanks. Did some more research apparently the outward journey must be used on that day.. stupid rule seeing as the point of a monthly return is that it can be used any time within the month

Advertisement