Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months - Help, cannot make calls/login to 48months.ie

Options
  • 07-03-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Had a sim sent to me, put it into my phone, everything worked.. had signal, can send callme's, can receive calls, registered the sim on the website, and continued using my sim at the time (emobile). Bout a month ago I did all this.

Now my emobile account is gone, threw in the 48 sim, topped up by 20 euro, cant make any calls, not even free-phone numbers...Its fine I thought, just contact support... Tried to login to 48months.ie, email address not recognised. I'll just find a phone number for them...nope, an address even...nope, I'll make a new account and post on their forums/contact support, nope nope nope. I have sent an email to the address that their automated mails came from when registering the account and sim but do not expect a response(addresses like that usually dont have a person on the other end of them).

Its ridiculous that the only option available to me to try and make contact with a company that has accepted my payment but delivered no service is to use boards, yet here I am.

Do 48 have a rep here? Tried user search, no luck. Has anyone had similar troubles? Or know of another mode of contact without needing to order and wait for another sim (seriously thats my only option, and even then my 20 euro credit is still tied with the first sim).

I find it bizarre that a company can (be allowed to) operate without providing a means of contact. Particularly when there is no issue with accepting payment. Their forums are closed to the public, customers only but if you have common basic account issues your permanently in the dark.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advise any of you might have, now to whois their website >.<

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You must not have looked that hard. My first search on Google brought up the 48months.ie contact options. Facebook....Twitter... and an email address support@48months.zendesk.com

Btw, this is a case of "you get what you pay for". 48 months can offer the tariffs they do because they have a lower operating cost. No phone support reduces their cost and this is past on to you the consumer.

If you want alternative contact options for your phone network such as phone support then move to another network and pay the price for having that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marlborosoft

Not having a facebook or twitter account I did not consider checking those pages for basic contact information that should be displayed on their website, neither did I expect to find an email address on their forums that wasn't on that page, searches for "@48months.ie" on google and their website brought up nada. Attempts to ask an agent or use the community forums are described above and their faq does not include that email, only links that require a login. Admittedly it was an oversight not looking at their facebook or twitter accounts for information that should be readily available. Thank you for your thorough search!

Advertisement