Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False Ceiling Beams

Options
  • 07-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm trying to source false ceiling beams for a games room in a new build by cant seem to find any in ireland so far!!I'm roughly looking for 3 x 4M lengths in a rustic or worn looking beam effect!

Can anyone offer advice or a possible supplier? I'd also consider going for the real thing if the price was ok!

Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

http://adverts.ie/4753700
    Hope this helps
    Cc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just thought Sandman777 might get better info here rather than in the Renewable Energy section of the C&P Forum (unless s/he wants to burn their beams :)).

Sandman777 wrote: »
    I'm trying to source false ceiling beams for a games room in a new build by cant seem to find any in ireland so far!!I'm roughly looking for 3 x 4M lengths in a rustic or worn looking beam effect!

Can anyone offer advice or a possible supplier? I'd also consider going for the real thing if the price was ok!

Thanks
    S
    Is it something like the attached your looking for?
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sandman777

ccsolar wrote: »
    Is it something like the attached your looking for?
    Cc

Thanks for reply! Ya its something along those lines alright that i had in mind. Could you PM me if you know a supplier?

Thanks
    S

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just thought Sandman777 might get better info here rather than in the Renewable Energy section of the C&P Forum (unless s/he wants to burn their beams :)).

Cheers for that, still getting to know the ropes on this thing :)

• Advertisement

http://adverts.ie/4753700
    Hope this helps
    Cc

Thanks for this but those are bit too heavy duty for what i'm looking for.

S

Sandman777 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply! Ya its something along those lines alright that i had in mind. Could you PM me if you know a supplier?

Thanks
    S
    They are just 5"x3" bought in the local hardware , belt sanded, oak stained and clear varnish
    Did them my self it took about an hr to do a 5 m length.
    Needed them for a renovation job
    The only place you will get the real deal is in the salvage yards and they cost €€€€€ as most are cut into floor boards
    Cc

They are just 5"x3" bought in the local hardware , belt sanded, oak stained and clear varnish
    Did them my self it took about an hr to do a 5 m length.
    Needed them for a renovation job
    The only place you will get the real deal is in the salvage yards and they cost €€€€€ as most are cut into floor boards
    Cc

Cheers for the info cc...this might just work for me and very cost effective.

Thanks a mil
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We make false beams from 1" wood joined by a mitred TnG joint . Possible in any commercial wood and can be dyed / distressed/ singed to suit.

Advertisement