Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halting site planned for Boroimhe Swords?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think the only way to find out for sure is to contact Fingal Co. Council's planning department.
    Anything else is just rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PJDeFarmer

I think the only way to find out for sure is to contact Fingal Co. Council's planning department.
    Anything else is just rumour.

Yeah, I've thought about that. I'd imagine they might be cagey about disclosing any information if there is truth to it. I've sent an email to them, will report back with any info..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a quick look at the development plan & cannot find any mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PJDeFarmer

Hi, got an email back from a guy in the Traveller Accomodation Unit, Fingal Co. Council.

He says that he checked with the procurement team and that there is no plan for a new halting site near the airport or Boroimhe in the near future.

This could mean;

a) there are no plans at all for a new halting site

b) there are plans, but not immediate ones

I can't help but think that the use of the term 'near future' is significant. Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The "near future" for a council is normally 3-5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

PJDeFarmer wrote: »
    Hi, got an email back from a guy in the Traveller Accomodation Unit, Fingal Co. Council.

He says that he checked with the procurement team and that there is no plan for a new halting site near the airport or Boroimhe in the near future.

This could mean;

a) there are no plans at all for a new halting site

b) there are plans, but not immediate ones

I can't help but think that the use of the term 'near future' is significant. Any thoughts?

I think it means - b) there are plans, but not immediate ones

Advertisement