Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - €240 - iBood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That's pretty cheap. €360 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Looks like a very good phone. Price is good too. Anyone have any experience of this phone or bought off iBOOD before? Wonder if its worth buying

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

baz15 wrote: »
    Looks like a very good phone. Price is good too. Anyone have any experience of this phone or bought off iBOOD before? Wonder if its worth buying

I bought the HTC 8X about 9 months ago.

Phone is definately top quality, no issue of it being a second, but they ship from Netherlands so have a european plug with adapter.

also, iBood charge way too much for postage. €12.50 makes it €252.50

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

mtdelany wrote: »
    I bought the HTC 8X about 9 months ago.

Phone is definately top quality, no issue of it being a second, but they ship from Netherlands so have a european plug with adapter.

also, iBood charge way too much for postage. €12.50 makes it €252.50

Did the HTC come unlocked or did you have to do that yourself seriously tempted by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

DaraDali wrote: »
    Did the HTC come unlocked or did you have to do that yourself seriously tempted by this.

it was unlocked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Would it be cheaper would it be to buy off the uk site and get it delivered to parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

€350 from irish networks contract free, €300 from expansys so looks like good deal alright.

Re getting from uk site works out at about 252 depending exactly what rate you get plus the 3.50 for the sake of less than a tenner I'd be inclined just to get delivered to my home.

I'm quite tempted as my car insurance just came in cheap yesterday. On a similar note does anyone know good place to get insured normally insurance is got as part of phone contract

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Do not buy it!! Worst phone ever had. I know 3 others who have/had it and all hate it.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Do not buy it!! Worst phone ever had. I know 3 others who have/had it and all hate it.

a bit more info would be nice. Whats wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

baz15 wrote: »

I have one, have it since before Christmas, I had a HTC before this. I absolutely love this phone. I bought it for the camera, which is brilliant, the HTC was quite slow. I've found nothing to complain about with this phone ... and believe me, if there was anything I'd tell you. I love it.

I'd be interested to know what problems gufc21 had, because anyone I know who has a Samsung S4 (3 of my family and quite a few friends) have never had a problem with them, which was my reason for getting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

The reviews were very positive on this. A family member has one and loves it. I thought it was a nice size and a generally excellent phone when I saw it up close and had a play with it. I can't see why anyone would hate it unless they had a faulty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

I have one and really like it, I wanted a durable phone that's not larger than my telly and with a decent battery life that doesn't irritate me.
    It is all of the above.
    Dropped it heaps of times and it lives on.
    |forget to charge it regularly and I can usually eke out some life out of it.
    Nice size that fits in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I have it, love it. Just a bit annoyed that I've missed this!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    I have one, have it since before Christmas, I had a HTC before this. I absolutely love this phone. I bought it for the camera, which is brilliant, the HTC was quite slow. I've found nothing to complain about with this phone ... and believe me, if there was anything I'd tell you. I love it.

I'd be interested to know what problems gufc21 had, because anyone I know who has a Samsung S4 (3 of my family and quite a few friends) have never had a problem with them, which was my reason for getting one.

The S4 and S4 Mini are two different kettles of fish.

Hayezer wrote: »
    I have it, love it. Just a bit annoyed that I've missed this!

Still available as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

kn wrote: »

I think he means he bought it not long ago at a higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

kn wrote: »

I think he means he missed the deal because he already has the phone,presumably purchased at a higher price.

Anyway,in depth review of this phone can be found here.Note what it says on the first page about 4G/3G variants even though the iBood advert states 4G.

superg wrote: »
    I think he means he missed the deal because he already has the phone,presumably purchased at a higher price.

Anyway,in depth review of this phone can be found here.Note what it says on the first page about 4G/3G variants even though the iBood advert states 4G.

The variant they specify is 4G alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

It's €252.45 delivery, not €240

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

congress3 wrote: »
    The S4 and S4 Mini are two different kettles of fish.

I have the S4 mini - my sister has the S4 mini - my step mother has the S4 - not really that different that any of us have noticed yet. I wanted a phone that would fit in my pocket - not a mini computer that I had to carry around, that's why I got the mini (not even that mini either).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Moto G is a better option for significantly less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

No 4G on the Moto G, I wouldn't necessarily be getting a 4G plan straight away but would like to be future proof. Other wise Moto G does look decent, slightly better screen res, bit worse camera, quad core but lower clock speed, I'm torn, samsung is definitely still a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    I have the S4 mini - my sister has the S4 mini - my step mother has the S4 - not really that different that any of us have noticed yet. I wanted a phone that would fit in my pocket - not a mini computer that I had to carry around, that's why I got the mini (not even that mini either).

I've the S4 and have it full of apps. My other half has the S4 mini and uses it for the odd bit of browsing, Viber and some games. She's had no issues with it at all. I know it's not the same specs as the S4 but for what she uses it for it performs pretty much identically to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Good phone, lowest price I've seen it for

indepth review here
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_mini-review-953.php

specsheet here
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_galaxy_s4_mini-5375.php

Usually in the 5 top selling phones on Amazon UK and DE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

The phone is decent for browsing, apps, etc. But its all negated by the battery life. With careful management you will get it to 7 or 8 fair enough. With a bit of browsing, emails and bit of app use, nothing strenuous, you might get to the end of work (9-4). It will definitely be dead before you get home (20 min commute no use).

If u do get one make sure you get a case as cheap plastic cover will chip in a stiff breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shay1604

Try www.hdcmobile.com i've had one for a month and i paid 108 euro unlocked to any network

shay1604 wrote: »
    Try www.hdcmobile.com i've had one for a month and i paid 108 euro unlocked to any network

Fake at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shay1604

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Fake at that price

Ya of course they are. I just wanted to tell people that if they are happy to pay 240 euro thats fair enough. My story is that i couldn't afford at the time 380 euro for the phone so i thought i'd chance this site and am happy to say that after 2 months of everyday use i have had no complaints it hasn't missed a beat. I know the RAM and ROM are significantly smaller and the camera is not as good in saying that i'm very hjappy with the camera on it, but in my experience of using smartphones in general i rarely use the camera and only have a handful of apps, i mainly use the internet through wifi and its kept up with everything i asked. In all what i'm trying to say is that there is another option for people that don't have 240 euro to spend.

P.S. It does come with the samsung logo on the front and back
    Thanks
    Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's not a Bargain alert, you are promoting a website that sells counterfeit goods.

• Advertisement

[quote="shay1604;89710746"P.S. It does come with the samsung logo on the front and back
    Thanks
    Seamus[/quote]

And if customs see that they will destroy it as it's counterfeit.

Just buy a Chinese phone rather than chance buying a knock off, if price is your major concern.

Advertisement