Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Sad but true !

• 06-03-2014 10:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭ finix

Bought my first Christmas present today and I only have to buy 12 !:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ littleblackDRS

Well at least you'll be prepared ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ SarahLil

I've four bought already in the last two weeks, never started this early before, they were bargains compared to what they will be next December, I am hoping to buy a house this year so every penny counts

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭ byhookorbycrook

Bought loads at the Newbridge Silver sale. 10 people sorted!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Nice! Love the organisational skills on this forum. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭ miamee

Wow, ye are putting me to shame. I think I'm great if I get one in October :D I often see something someone would like but if it's not near their birthday or Christmas I don't bother buying it unless I want to treat them....time to change that thinking!

• Advertisement

I usually start putting my thinking cap on in about August. But if I find something good before that, I'd generally buy it and squirrel it away in the attic for a few months.

This year, I want to wrap as I buy though- last year I ended up with a big pile of unwrapped presents and it was quite overwhelming! :pac:

Posy I would be afraid to wrap as I buy I'd be afraid name tags would fall off and I wouldn't know whats what.. for some reason I always end up wrapping at least one on Xmas eve even Xmas morning some years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭ steveone

finix wrote: »
    Bought my first Christmas present today and I only have to buy 12 !:confused:

Is it for yourself lol

SarahLil wrote: »
    Posy I would be afraid to wrap as I buy I'd be afraid name tags would fall off and I wouldn't know whats what.. for some reason I always end up wrapping at least one on Xmas eve even Xmas morning some years!
    Well my tags always match the paper, and it's different paper for each present so I usually know what's what!
    A couple of times I've had to have a sneaky peek and unwrap though. :pac:

Sylvanians, a bike with helmet, and a big wooden doll house in the attic.

Oh Posy, I love nothing more than a pile of wrapping. Wine, chocs and carols and a load of paper and tags - can't beat it....

• Advertisement

I'm saving for Christmas 2014 hope to have my new house by then so I will have that to decorate this year, pity you cant buy xmas decorations all year round as well as presents

I'm saving for Christmas 2014 hope to have my new house by then so I will have that to decorate this year, pity you cant buy xmas decorations all year round as well as presents

eBay is your friend! I think that the T**asure C***t in Galway may have a Christmas section on the very top floor all year round. I bought a wreath there one August.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ CaSCaDe711

Only 286 days to Xmas :D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    eBay is your friend! I think that the T**asure C***t in Galway may have a Christmas section on the very top floor all year round. I bought a wreath there one August.

I must check Ebay out thanks never thought of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ lulu1

Hi have a look at my christmas bows on thr arts and craft forum started making them this week

Advertisement