Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stench in Dunnes Stores on Henry Street?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I don't live in Limerick, but a couple of times when I've shopped in Dunnes on Henry street the stench of what smells like raw sewerage, has been so overwhelming that I've had to leave the store in case I vomit. What on earth is going on there and how can it possibly be acceptable in a store that is selling food? Surely it can't be good for the staff working there either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Mod edit: Let's try to keep the discussion somewhat civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Never noticed that myself. Perhaps it was some temporary issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Also cannot imagine it would be ongoing. Maybe it was related to the sewers getting flooded by the excess water being forced into the system due to their proximity to the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Also cannot imagine it would be ongoing. Maybe it was related to the sewers getting flooded by the excess water being forced into the system due to their proximity to the river.

Either that or some kind of blockage in the system due to all the work being down on the quays would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That smell often features especially toward the rear of the store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

That Dunnes isn't the nicest. Beats the one that used to be by the bridge though.

I remember when Dunnes was the cheap supermarket. Good old Quinnsworth and Roches was where it was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

The smell is always present at the bottom of the stairs coming from the carparks. Always find myself wishing I took the lift/elevator instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Hanalei wrote: »
    The smell is always present at the bottom of the stairs coming from the carparks. Always find myself wishing I took the lift/elevator instead

I'm fairly sure that particular smell is caused by people pissing up against the fire exit from the outside. While Dunnes aren't responsible, it's pretty shocking that they let it happen or don't have some way of dealing with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

zulutango wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that particular smell is caused by people pissing up against the fire exit from the outside. While Dunnes aren't responsible, it's pretty shocking that they let it happen or don't have some way of dealing with the problem.

What would you have them/the property management company do? Have piss-patrols during the night around the building? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Definitely not pee. It's smells like a cross between rotting fish and sewerage. I've smelled it a few times and it seems to stretch from inside the doors by the tobacco kiosk to the far side of the store around the toiletries area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Hmmm, well that's disturbing but unfortunately it's also probably true. But there is certainly something more, it's definitely sewage as opposed to just wee wee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Definitely not pee. It's smells like a cross between rotting fish and sewerage. I've smelled it a few times and it seems to stretch from inside the doors by the tobacco kiosk to the far side of the store around the toiletries area.

I'm talking about the smell right at the lifts to the car park (which are beside the fire door that I mentioned) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm talking about the smell right at the lifts to the car park (which are beside the fire door that I mentioned) :)
    Ahh, right, I've never gone in that way.

Advertisement