Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering, but not taking a State Exam

Options
  • 06-03-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Does anybody know what would happen if you register to do the Junior/Leaving Cert, but don't show up to one exam? I'll exclude subjects that have marks for coursework done before the June exams.

Does a fail grade appear on your results or is the subject just not listed at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Joaquin223 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what would happen if you register to do the Junior/Leaving Cert, but don't show up to one exam? I'll exclude subjects that have marks for coursework done before the June exams.

Does a fail grade appear on your results or is the subject just not listed at all?
    Someone did that in my year in JC and it just didn't show up as far as I know. Don't do it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If nothing has been sent to Athlone, such as project marks or oral marks, then nothing will show on your results sheet for that subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Joaquin223 wrote: »

If there is projects/coursework you will be graded on just that. Aside from that nothing will happen and a grade won't appear on your results. If you have registered for a subject that you no longer intend on sitting , just contact the SEC and let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If you haven't been graded on any part of the subject it will not be listed on your certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Joaquin223

Alright lads, thanks for the responses, was more out of curiosity than anything else

• Advertisement
Advertisement