Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a great FTP Server for the Android mini-PC

Options
  • 06-03-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

A while back, I came looking for an FTP Server, and I got suggested the FTPServer, which although did it's job, it kept timing out (after maybe an hour or two of it being idle), which meant I'd have to turn on the TV, turn off the FTP server and turned it back on. Annoying, esp as I may upload a file, disconnect, and when I would try to reconnect at a later stage, it wouldn't connect, and also because the PC is at the other end of the house.

But lately, I found another FTP Server, called FTP Server Ultimate, which so far has kept itself from timing out (going on two or three days), and thus I can connect to my mini-PC to upload a file to it without having to interact with the android box. Great for when I want to unload the latest file that I got :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Great use for an Android mini PC, how are the transfer rates? I use FileZilla Server on my WHS and it works well but would love lower power consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

advertsfox wrote: »
    Great use for an Android mini PC, how are the transfer rates? I use FileZilla Server on my WHS and it works well but would love lower power consumption.
    I think the transfer rates is about 934KB/sec to 1024KB/sec.

It's going from my PC, via an Eircom fiber box, over a pair of 85Mb homeplugs, and into the Tronsmart Prometheus (not sure what's the max speed of the port, though).

Advertisement