Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know if data can be recovered from an android phone that wont turn on?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

My mate just got back from Australia and he believes that his phone's battery or whatever component may have burned out due to recharging on their current. I dont really believe that myself but I wouldnt know much about it!!
    Anyhow the phone has not turned on since he got back to Ireland and was unable to charge it either. He has got in touch with one or two places including his mobile provider but they are unable to offer a solution and all he wants to do at this stage is recover holiday pics which were saved directly to the phone's internal memory:o

Can anyone give some advice on data recovery from android devices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

My mate just got back from Australia and he believes that his phone's battery or whatever component may have burned out due to recharging on their current. I dont really believe that myself but I wouldnt know much about it!!
    Anyhow the phone has not turned on since he got back to Ireland and was unable to charge it either. He has got in touch with one or two places including his mobile provider but they are unable to offer a solution and all he wants to do at this stage is recover holiday pics which were saved directly to the phone's internal memory:o

Can anyone give some advice on data recovery from android devices?

If he has them saved in Google+ photos he can access them on any tablet or pc. Hopefully he had the settings set to autosync

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Would the phone shop put a battery in the phone for him to see if that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

If he has them saved in Google+ photos he can access them on any tablet or pc. Hopefully he had the settings set to autosync

Well my mate is a bit of an idiot unfortunately so I doubt he ever used Google+ or even knew about autosync

Would the phone shop put a battery in the phone for him to see if that works?

Never thought about that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Were the pics saved to the sd card, per chance?

• Advertisement

Were the pics saved to the sd card, per chance?

No he didnt have an SD card for the phone. Just used internal storage all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

No he didnt have an SD card for the phone. Just used internal storage all the time

Ahh:(

Advertisement