Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane Fight Club Tuesday 11th March BBC 1

Options
  • 06-03-2014 2:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Rt54nhF.jpg

ICW is like a Scottish version of ECW not in terms of weapons and barbwire but tapping into the local and contemporary culture. It is Scottish Wrestling with Scottish accents with no cringey attempts at quasi-American accents on promos.

Their biggest star is Grado who essentially does a fan living the dream comedy gimmick.

I posted this video before here but it is a great demonstration of what ICW is, the crowd it has and how over Grado is:

ICW and Grado were covered before in a VICE documentary - an online series that covers all types of subcultures all over the world which I whole heartedly recommend:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Bump

Cause its on tonite

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Grado has been doing a lot of press:

BiY383OCcAAhWCM.jpg

Apparently BBC has a bunch of TV comedy pilots centred around him.

igIZS58wnRCk.gif

Clips and pictures here in advance here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01qv39d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Colt cabanna. Grado for wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I enjoyed the show made me miss being apart of the wrestling scene! grado had me laughing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Grado was instantly likeable. Showing off his car with the spray-painted silly string welcoming Colt was hilarious. Was a stark contrast to the other lads with their 'serious' storylines the docu focused on (what about my son, how does my dad feel about this) etc. Loved how wrestling was about getting enough money to go out on the lash. Not a fan of the damaging crutch of excessive blood/sick bumps though. I bet Grado got a far bigger reaction while walking through his match. A big match shouldn't mean the hardest, most back-breaking bumps. Overall though an enjoyable docu, recommend checking it out.

13095329873_c29cfe512b_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

FFS. Is this being repeated? I meant to put it on record last night, completely forgot.

gimmick wrote: »
    FFS. Is this being repeated? I meant to put it on record last night, completely forgot.

It is on the BBC Player (region blocked) but probably will end up on youtube.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's on youTube. Very good. Search "Insane Fight Club BBC". Approx 59 mins long.

Vey good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

YouTube seems to be down right now. Where are those highly trained monkeys at?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Grado and Nicky Clarke is beyond comedy gold..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

One of the best wrestling documentaries I've ever seen, and I've seen HHH's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Grado is heading to America.

BnOvlGGIYAE7pD7.jpg

ICW sold out their London show a few weeks back. Seem to firing on all cylinders.

Advertisement