Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux mint 16ci - disc image file error when trying to burn dvd

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi, I am trying to download Linux Mint and burn to a DVD using Windows. Would anyone know where the .iso file is to burn image. There is one in boot/grub file - when I try to burn the disc image efi.img it says selected disc image isn't valid. Maybe this is the wrong one, or maybe I should download a different version in case there is something wrong with this one. Anyone any ideas, I am not too familiar with this as I've not done it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If when you downloaded the .iso file you didn't specify a location then it will be in your default download folder. efi.img is not an iso file, it's an image needed if you want to create bootable media which supports EFI booting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

OP, get the iso from here: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Download it (what browser you're using?) and burn to DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Thanks that is where I got the iso. The iso is not in my download folder but it has created a new DVD drive on my PC with the folders. Not sure if I can just move the folders in this to burn list if that would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

You have mounted the .iso. Can you click on the drive and unmount or eject. You will then need a burning software that supports burning an iso disk
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

Cheers for the info. I had to download it again and used that iso burner to burn it and it has worked fine. Many thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement