Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous pain in left arm due to pregnancy

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi
    My wife is 22 weeks pregnant and has been getting a continuous throbbing pain down her left arm . She describes it as if she keeps hitting her funny bone. She had it briefly also on our last child 9 years ago. Very painful and annoying. So far she has went to her doctor who described it as nerves and spine related due to being pregnant. She has tried acupunture with a couple of hours relief and physio to no avail. The doctor has said there's not much they can do.
    She's very fit and walks daily. Has never had this when not pregnant. She's 41 years of age.
    Has anybody else had this issue or can give me any advice for her. She is in alot of pain daily.:(:(
    Thank in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Poor lady! (and you're great to be looking for solutions for her!) The only thing I could think of is try to keep her posture as perfect as possible so everything is 'in the right place', so maybe try sitting on an exercise ball?

Hello, I have a similar issue and find that physiotherapy provides really good relief. I would really encourage another visit especially if the muscles are practically tight a few sessions may be required. There are physiotherapists who focus on pregnancy related conditions, so would recommend checking where these are in your area.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Talk to your gp but it might be carpal tunnel syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SophiaTheFirst

This mightn't be the case at all but with pregnancy I get a similar pain from my left shoulder down into my arm and it turns out it is actually indigestion.... no idea why that's where I feel it as I don't suffer otherwise but it might be worth trying some gaviscon and see if that could fix it. If it is the issue, easily sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Sounds like Carpel Tunnel.

I had it all throughout my first pregnancy.

It's a complete pain but it does go away after delivery :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement