Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Boobs and the search for a perfect bra!

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

I'm sure most other pregnant ladies here will identify with the phenomenon of rapidly expanding boobage. I am now 20 weeks pregnant, and really from very soon after conception, my chest has expanded from a generous but pert C all the way up to an E! :eek: And it seems to be continuing. These puppies deserve 8th Wonder of the World status at this stage and Dolly Parton would feel left in the shade were we to stand in a boob identity parade! :o

Consequently I've been on the search for the perfect maternity bra. I want to retain my boobs shape and firmness so I am anxious to have support but I really don't want a bra that starts at my chin! I've purchased a few supportive and seamless lacy ones from M & S which have been good but are now feeling tight around my ribcage, Mothercare had a really poor selection last time I looked and I have now ordered a couple from JoJo Maman Bébé to see how I get on with those.

I don't want to spend a fortune if my chest continues to expand at this rate and in the event I need to buy bras on an ongoing basis but I am also more than happy to splurge on a few bras that will facilitate my growing into them if that is possible? Have any of you lovely ladies got some good recommendations to fit my criteria? What personal experiences have you found while underwear shopping and have any of you found the elusive "perfect" bra?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Haha I hear ya! I went up to ff from e.

I got normal granny style ones with no underwire in m&s at start of my pregnancy but towards the end they were no good. Very comfy now though so he onto yours - you'll be glad if them at some stage.

I got mother care nursing bras then but they weren't great for support. Not great quality for the price.

Recently got a pack of 2 nursing bras in debenhams and I'm very happy with them. Great support very comfortable and they're in nice colours so you don't feel like a granny! I'd recommend those out of all I tried.

If you find anything useful keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks for that kandr10! Do you know the name of the ones you got in Debenhams? I like the sound of them because they're not really frumpy but still offer support - exactly what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A friend swears by sports bras, I haven't really had the need yet - no major size explosion, so I'm just wearing the seamfree comfy ones from Penneys which are giving me plenty of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

olaola wrote: »
    A friend swears by sports bras, I haven't really had the need yet - no major size explosion, so I'm just wearing the seamfree comfy ones from Penneys which are giving me plenty of support.

I wore sports bras a lot when I was pregnant. So comfortable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Sports bras working for me so far. Gone up about 2 cup sizes, no change in other size yet. I was at a Physio for preggers type class this week, and the Physio lady said that shorter women can get wider ribs as the pregnancy progresses and so need wider bras, as the baby has to fit somewhere, while taller women may not see that big a change in rib size as their body has more length for the baby. She mentioned you can get little add-on clasp things that hook onto the bra clasp to give your strap an extra inch or so without having to buy a new bra. Havent seen them in shops but they sound good. Also, she recommended a sports bra brand "moving comfort" that does sports bras with Velcro-adjustable shoulder straps to make them comfy for your boobs. Not sure its in Ireland but prob on internet.

• Advertisement

She mentioned you can get little add-on clasp things that hook onto the bra clasp to give your strap an extra inch or so without having to buy a new bra. Havent seen them in shops but they sound good.

Yeah, I got these in M&S - a pack of three (black, white & nude) not sure if they're in the shop, as I bought them online. They're great for when I'm going out and I want to wear a decent padded underwire bra for a good shape in my outfit (instead of squashy boobs in my comfy tops!)

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/3-Pack-2-Hook-Bra-Extenders%27/000000021078606001,en_IE,pd.html?start=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

These are the ones I got but they've also the plain black and white pack and a black colourdy type one too. They've other styles as well though. I find it good to get fitted wherever you go to get them.
    Sports bras are a good option as well but I found them hard to get on during latter stages of pregnancy...maybe that's just me!!

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_152010536149_-1

Thanks for all the suggestions girls, I actually found one myself. It arrived with some other stuff yesterday I ordered from Jojo Maman Bebe and it is AMAZING! I'm wearing it now and it is made from super soft fabric, is very supportive but yet it feels like I'm not actually wearing a bra at all! YAY!!! Am going to order a few more today.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+emma-jane-seam-free-maternity-nursing-bras-in-maternity-products-and-underwear+b7522

Merkin wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions girls, I actually found one myself. It arrived with some other stuff yesterday I ordered from Jojo Maman Bebe and it is AMAZING! I'm wearing it now and it is made from super soft fabric, is very supportive but yet it feels like I'm not actually wearing a bra at all! YAY!!! Am going to order a few more today.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+emma-jane-seam-free-maternity-nursing-bras-in-maternity-products-and-underwear+b7522

I wonder can you get these in the shop?

BTW M&S have a sale on atm, some maternity bras on sale.
    http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Sale/9991234,en_IE,sc.html?q=maternity&start=0&sz=60

I'm in the UK olaola so I don't know if they do them in the one in South William Street. Definitely worth giving them a call. In any event, they offer free P & P to both the UK and Ireland so anything you see on the website can be delivered at no cost which is fantastic!

• Advertisement

She mentioned you can get little add-on clasp things that hook onto the bra clasp to give your strap an extra inch or so without having to buy a new bra. Havent seen them in shops but they sound good.

I saw these when I was shopping last week. Here they are, they are supposed to be good.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+4-pack-bra-extenders+A9182?tyah=y

I haven't gotten any wider at all around the ribs, it's just my HUMUNGOUS boobs and their ever expanding cup sizes! :)

Advertisement