Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash for clothes South Dublin?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    just wondering if someone knows of a cash for clothes place in south Dublin or even one that would collect from your home? Need to get rid of a few bags and need a few bob!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Hi,
    just wondering if someone knows of a cash for clothes place in south Dublin or even one that would collect from your home? Need to get rid of a few bags and need a few bob!!
    This place say nationwide.

If any of the clothes are half decent at all you'd be better selling yourself on Adverts or giving to charity shops as the price the recycle places give is feck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Hi,

There is one in Balally shopping centre near Supervalu.. between Sandyford and Dundrum...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 littlestarbar

This place say nationwide.

If any of the clothes are half decent at all you'd be better selling yourself on Adverts or giving to charity shops as the price the recycle places give is feck all
    Cheers hun.. gotta find the time to upload on.adverts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 littlestarbar

There is one in Balally shopping centre near Supervalu.. between Sandyford and Dundrum...

Its gone!! was up there the other day & the shops closed up! Would.have been so.handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was one in cabinteely village but I think its closed. The signs can be misleading, like it might say €15 per bag, but when I asked he said it must weigh X kg to get this. I have a big laundry bag at home and it when full it was not at whatever weight he had said, this was a struggle to lift and I am not exactly weak. I would not expect €15 for a small shopping bag or anything, but I doubt many people are getting €15 for their typical bag.

I think this is the place

http://www.cashforclothes.ie/index.html

It also took rags like I think torn jeans or old undewear -for a lower price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In general with these types of places the rates are really really bad something like 50c / Kg - the sort of price where you'd nearly think about using the synthetic ones as fossil fuel

unless it's very local it might not even cover the travel costs. - google maps gives a rough cost if driving

Charity shop / adverts is the way to go

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

You will do well to get around 5 euro for a full 100 litre black bin bag of clothes.Alot of the clothes shops will only take clothes that are dry and not soiled in any way and they wont take damp clothes either,this was an old trick to make the weight of the clothes heavier and get more money per kilo.
    I give my old unused and unwanted clothes,bed sheets,duvets and duvet covers for free to Dogs Trust so that they can use them for all the dogs they have to look after and try to give new homes.Dog and animal wellfare shelter/charity places do be crying out for this sort of thing to they can use them for the cats and for the dogs to lay down on.
    A truely worthy cause in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

A family member brought a large black bag full of clothes to one of those cash-for-clothes shops. She expected around a fiver, but they only gave her €1.50. They said it was the right amount for the weight. She felt ripped off so she now drops off her old clothes at charity shops instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Are they any good for recycling clothes that are beyond repair? I have a few trousers, jumpers, etc, that can no longer be worn.

Advertisement