Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't believe it

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe what I just saw but I'm parked near the ambulance station in naas. Ambulance came out of it and turned right at the roundabout to go towards the Dublin road.
    As it was going around the roundabout the door opened and a stretcher fell out on the road blocking other traffic. The ambulance pulled in and a pregnant woman got out of the drivers door to run back for it and something else.

Should I report this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

What part can't you believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

hmmm pics or it didnt happen, who exactly was pregnent?

How do you know she was pregnant. She may have just enjoyed Pancake Tuesday. Every Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Lol she looked preganant anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

They let pregnant women drive? I can't believe it either

• Advertisement

Here ya go

That's an orthopedic(scoop) stretcher which is kept in a side locker. Obviously secured poorly and fell out.
    That can happen no big deal. Accidents happen.

She is pregnant looking alright. No big deal either as she is not in uniform so that ambulance is not actively in service today. Maybe she was just transporting it somewhere or god knows what.

Either way she isn't picking up patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

the way i read it before seeing the pictures was the rear doors burst open with the ferno flying out the back (with movie style music and lots of people screaming)

she could be on light duties and bringing it in for a service or she stole it, who would blame a pergnent woman on a rampage??

the way i read it before seeing the pictures was the rear doors burst open with the ferno flying out the back (with movie style music and lots of people screaming)

she could be on light duties and bringing it in for a service or she stole it, who would blame a pergnent woman on a rampage??

My guess is she was on the way to get the latch on the scoop door fixed.

I'd write a strongly worded letter to the Taoiseach, Tanaiste and the Minister for Health. This scandal of huge proportion happened on their watch and they should resign forthwith.

The pregnant/not preganant? protaganist should be transferred immediately as punishment to a place that reflects the gravity of her transgression .....................say Cork for arguments sake and be forced to suffer eternal damnation in that place.

In fact, I think the whole government should fall on its sword over this and call a general election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Paulzx wrote: »
    I'd write a strongly worded letter to the Taoiseach, Tanaiste and the Minister for Health. This scandal of huge proportion happened on their watch and they should resign forthwith.

The pregnant/not preganant? protaganist should be transferred immediately as punishment to a place that reflects the gravity of her transgression .....................say Cork for arguments sake and be forced to suffer eternal damnation in that place.

In fact, I think the whole government should fall on its sword over this and call a general election

:D:D:D

I'll talk to joe lol

, who would blame a pergnent woman on a rampage??

I wouldn't be taking on the National Irish Womens Council. Not without the Russian Army backing me up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

guil wrote: »
    Here ya go

What did you get in Centra? It looks "yummy" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

The ambulance service in Ireland is a small world OP. I'd say she's going to hear about it, simply because it was posted here. ;)

Your man in the red car looks like he might have reported it too :pac:

oak5548 wrote: »
    The ambulance service in Ireland is a small world OP. I'd say she's going to hear about it, simply because it was posted here. ;)

Your man in the red car looks like he might have reported it too :pac:

Didn't bother reporting it after hearing what it could of been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

What I cant believe is this brain dead zombie fetish with pulling out a camera for everything short of buttering toast....... Why in gods name when you obviously hadn't a clue about what you were looking at would your first inkling be to pull out a phone, rather than possibly minding your own business ....or (at a stretch) asking if she was in need of help....

I see it regularly, numpties passing a 'scene' driving or walking by with a phone covering their face??? How did we as a race ever make it this far? and worse still .....what will we do when the lights go out...

furthermore can I also point out (for all the public voyers here) that when a patient is being examined, interviewed or helped in any way s/he is now in the care of the HSE and her/his privacy should be treated with the utmost respect and confidence .....that means keeping your distance & politely f*cki*ng off with your rubbernecking and camera phones..........(..I feel better now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Don't think there's any point in reporting. It's right outside where the ambulances are based. I wouldn't report anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭kub

I dread to think of the trouble I would be in if by accident the back door of my van opened while going around a roundabout with the OP in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Did the stretcher die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭kub

Tzardine wrote: »
    Did the stretcher die?

No just some knocks and scraps, just think of the compo it will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Now now Trev the 45 must be getting very boring..:D

Slightly OT it looks like she is smoking in the top picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

What I cant believe is this brain dead zombie fetish with pulling out a camera for everything short of buttering toast....... Why in gods name when you obviously hadn't a clue about what you were looking at would your first inkling be to pull out a phone, rather than possibly minding your own business ....or (at a stretch) asking if she was in need of help....

I see it regularly, numpties passing a 'scene' driving or walking by with a phone covering their face??? How did we as a race ever make it this far? and worse still .....what will we do when the lights go out...

furthermore can I also point out (for all the public voyers here) that when a patient is being examined, interviewed or helped in any way s/he is now in the care of the HSE and her/his privacy should be treated with the utmost respect and confidence .....that means keeping your distance & politely f*cki*ng off with your rubbernecking and camera phones..........(..I feel better now)

I suspect vigilance and utilisation of current technologies is a major factor in how we as a species are still here. Surely a patient should be respected regardless of whose care they are in. Exactly when are the lights going off, just so i can be prepared?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Human nature. I wouldnt get too caught up in it. Seeing an ambulance side door fly open and equipment falling out isnt something you see everyday. Quite a bizzare thing actually!

Same thing could be said for any happening really. I dont particularly blame people for simple stuff like this. OP was obviously a bit concerned.

I just hope the girl in the photo doesnt get in too much trouble, especially with this thread being visible and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Shortage of staff in all departments now,you have to drive yourself to hospital.

Advertisement