Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 1320

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are people's thoughts on the Lumia 1320? I'm with O2 so can't get a 1520. Also, does anyone know if O2 are offering different colours besides the black version? They didn't seem to know when I asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The 1320 is quite good for the price i have been using one a few weeks now and find it great,the 1520 of course is better and has better specs but for the money the 1320 is quite good.There is no other colour than black im afraid to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Yeah is love the 1520 but O2 don't stock it and don't know if they ever will. It's a lot more powerful than the 1320 but I've been told that Windows 8 doesn't require much power so I wouldn't really notice the difference. What's the screen like though? Is it true that it's quite pixelated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 o2retailman

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Yeah is love the 1520 but O2 don't stock it and don't know if they ever will. It's a lot more powerful than the 1320 but I've been told that Windows 8 doesn't require much power so I wouldn't really notice the difference. What's the screen like though? Is it true that it's quite pixelated?

Hi guys. As of yet i have not heard anything about us stocking the 1520.1320 will be in stock nationwide with in 3 weeks.black is the only colour its being stocked in our store.bigger stores like dublin. cork .galway etc..will more than likely have more variety.

Hi guys. As of yet i have not heard anything about us stocking the 1520.1320 will be in stock nationwide with in 3 weeks.black is the only colour its being stocked in our store.bigger stores like dublin. cork .galway etc..will more than likely have more variety.

More variety in what?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    More variety in what?

Colour....its not just in black. Available in a range of colours..red, yellow, white and balck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Colour....its not just in black. Available in a range of colours..red, yellow, white and balck

I asked about different colours in O2's community forum but they just said only black would be available-none of the other colours.

Do you have any info on colour availability?

I asked about different colours in O2's community forum but they just said only black would be available-none of the other colours.

Ill let you know for sure on monday

there is no other colours available here.End of story ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Got this during the week and it is a lovely phone.
    I was after the 1520 but could not justify the cost even second hand circa 550e.
    The gray imports are about 460e via HK importers on Amazon but the warranty issues are too much to chance (screen sensitivity etc)
    WP8 doesn't need the massive specs of the 1520 though the screen I believe is the best on any phone available now.

1320 screen is amazing it is huge and I have a Note 3!

it runs like a dream obviously needs ext storage 16/32/64 and with WP8.1 next week the small internal 8 gb will not matter as apps will then be allowable on sdcard.

Let me say again it is a very top notch phone and does not feel cheap or laggy, the screen is amazing.

I am not a big camera user but it needs to be pointed out the camera specs are way lower than the 1520 but all reviews state the pics are acceptable.

I want a 1520 but the 1320 has been a great surprise to me.

PS it's huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Got mine yesterday too, from O2 !

I own a Note 3 as well ,I subscribe to all above said about the device ...and...1320 is too big, I can't control it with a single hand !
    Also, i hate the shinny back case, i cant hold it properly without been "worried" it will fall off my hands !

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday too, from O2 !

I own a Note 3 as well ,I subscribe to all above said about the device ...and...1320 is too big, I can't control it with a single hand !
    Also, i hate the shinny back case, i cant hold it properly without been "worried" it will fall off my hands !

Agreed but you can get good cases on amazon for it,i always use gel cases there is no official cases for it yet nor will there be only the original ones in other colours which are not available in ireland yet...Very slow to bring out accessories in ireland....

The 1320 is good value for money,owning both the 1520 and 1320 even for me they are too big the note 3 is max for size and its a great phone..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G8E421U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this, it's a nillikin back cover - I hardly ever cover the front, exception being my Note3 which I have an Sview cover.

The 1320 back is very slippery but the cover linked above is ideal and cheap and good quality.

While the 1320/1520 are huge, I've no problem using it as my daily driver.
    The Note3 feels tiny in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone know of a store in Dublin where I could see a 1320/1520 in the flesh?

Demo unit or dummy, just to get an idea of the size?

long_b wrote: »

O2 stores for1320, Voda for 1520

8.1 is brilliant, textappears to be scaled properly on the 6" screen

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    O2 stores for1320, Voda for 1520

Vodafone at the bottom of Grafton St didn't have any

You can see / have mine !
    Too big for my skills ! :(

Also, by fitting the power button in the side ,middle position...every time I lift the phone I power on ,power off or I drop it due to been worry to don't press / touch the fcuking button !

You can see / have mine !
    Too big for my skills ! :(

Also, by fitting the power button in the side ,middle position...every time I lift the phone I power on ,power off or I drop it due to been worry to don't press / touch the fcuking button !

That's tremendously generous of you !
    I'll PM immediately ;)

That's tremendously generous of you !
    I'll PM immediately ;)

No probs ... but... O2 has it on the shelves at €269 ! :)
    I'll show you "mine" if you want but I cant sell it due to T&Cs of my contract !

On the other internet traffic packet, Windows Store is down in most of the EU region ...

No probs ... but... O2 has it on the shelves at €269 ! :)
    I'll show you "mine" if you want but I cant sell it due to T&Cs of my contract !

On the other internet traffic packet, Windows Store is down in most of the EU region ...
    What's the deal for 296e?

Just walked in and got the Lumia 1320 for ... €269 inc VAT.
    No deal, phone on the PAYG !

And got the Windows 8.1 in the morning, works great ...just hate the size of it ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lj_garet

Is your 1320 sim-locked? Is the software O2-branded? Thanks. Thinking of buying one but I'm with TescoMobile network... Thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 65,148 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just walked in and got the Lumia 1320 for ... €269 inc VAT.
    No deal, phone on the PAYG !

Is that such a good deal? 1320 is similar enough to a 920, with the latter having 32GB (instead of 8GB) and a better camera

The 920 can be had unlocked from Tesco for £169 or so plus shipping

Edit - that deal was on for months but is no longer on, it is £199 now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Strange one guys...

I have 2 Lumia 1320s on 2 different networks here (O2 and 3, but previously also eMobile) and both of them intermittently just restart - usually during a call which is extremely annoying.

This happened under WP8 and now also WP8,1 Dev Preview. Phones have been soft and hard reset, reflashed and still happening

One I would have accepted as a hardware problem, but it's happening with both.

Anyone seen similar or have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

I would follow up with O2, That sounds like a network issue with the current Firmware on the handset, Did you try it on Vodafone?

simi956 wrote: »
    I would follow up with O2, That sounds like a network issue with the current Firmware on the handset, Did you try it on Vodafone?

I've tried it on O2, 3 and emobile - same thing. Happening with both handsets.

A Google suggests similar symptoms with other models and things like disabling 4G speeds but nothing conclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

When you say both handsets are you referring to the Lumia 1520 to

simi956 wrote: »
    When you say both handsets are you referring to the Lumia 1520 to

No, I have 2 1320s :)

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    No, I have 2 1320s :)

How old are the sim cards?

jimmynokia wrote: »